We beat a VERY good team | Syracusefan.com

We beat a VERY good team

- Big congrats to the team and coaching staff. Amazing they were able to pull this off playing 6 guys pretty much. Very coachable group. Onwards!

A&M is going to be in the top 2 in the SEC all season. They may even take down UK. I couldn't believe how big they were at every position. That guard who looked like my uncle had Cooney by about three inches.

EDIT: I changed the names to protect the innocent...and cover up my stupidity. :cool:

Last edited:
- Big congrats to the team and coaching staff. Amazing they were able to pull this off playing 6 guys pretty much. Very coachable group. Onwards!
Great to see you change your tune from: Kentuck would prob beat us by 30...Go Cuse!!

A&M is going to be in the top 2 in the Big12 all season. They may even dethrone KU. I couldn't believe how big they were at every position. That guard who looked like my uncle had Cooney by about three inches.

Well, doubt they can dethrone KU when they play in the SEC.

Great weekend for the Orange! These wins over UConn and aTm will look very good on Selection Sunday because they will both win a lot of games in their conference. Very surprised (pleasantly) by our play. Things sure look a lot more optimistic now. Lydon and Richardson are both going to be terrific.

Seriously, A&M has a lot of good parts and will win a ton of games in the SEC. I'll be rooting for them to take down UK, and it is at least plausible.
Thoughts I had was Jalen Jones looked NBA like today. A&M were going thru the inside like a knife through butter. Reminded me of the '03 days of Edelin and Melo driving to the hole at will.

Great to see you change your tune from: Kentuck would prob beat us by 30...Go Cuse!!

Not really changing any tune. They still could. Their guards are amazing. I'm just giving credit when it's due. An excellent, gutty performance by our guys yesterday and today. I really like this aTm team also. They have lots of bodies and not one stiff who saw the floor. Jalen Jones and House are great players.

Great quality win for The Orange's resume and payback for that 2006 Acie Law crap.
A&M, Vermont,'Bama. Belch. Got 2 of the 3 back (as if you really can). Thank God I was numbed by winning a title of those 3 losses would be as bad as Richmond, Penn , or Western Ky for me.

Thoughts I had was Jalen Jones looked NBA like today. A&M were going thru the inside like a knife through butter. Reminded me of the '03 days of Edelin and Melo driving to the hole at will.
G, Cooney and Richardsobn were all tremendous going to the hole as well, especially Richardson in crunch time .. not recognizable as just a freshmen.

They seem to be a very good interior passing team. Left them with quite a few easy shots. They weren't perfect but they did have more rebounds, more assists, less turnovers but we were able to beat them because we made five more threes then them and twelve more foul shots. Our freshmen were 8-8 on free throws. Let me repeat that: Our freshmen were 8-8 on free throws. Just another thing to love about those guys.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom