We beat a VERY good team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We beat a VERY good team

- Big congrats to the team and coaching staff. Amazing they were able to pull this off playing 6 guys pretty much. Very coachable group. Onwards!

SoBe, do you view them as the next best team in the SEC? Just curious.

SoBe, do you view them as the next best team in the SEC? Just curious.

I think they are right there with Vanderbilt maybe better. My brother works at Vandy now and he thinks they are a bit overrated. If they make some of those layups and Lydon misses that 3 then aTm wins most likely.

I was thinking the same thing. That A&M team is no slouch. Some nice bigs, and Daniel House is a baller. SEC should actually be pretty good this year with them, UK, LSU, and Vanderbilt

Yup. LSU is good as well. Simmons is a outstanding. Jones and House like you say are ballers. Every guy who played for them seemed at worse, pretty decent players. No stiffs out there.

yeah after seeing both teams, I'd put A&M above Vandy right now, and above LSU as well

LSU is very, very good. Simmons looks like a #1 draft pick.
Simmons is an absolute stud, but the team isn't looking real good, at least not yet. I watched a poor Marquette team handle them the other day

The SEC looks a little bit better this year.

I seem to remember that Kentucky won, but struggled a few times early on the road in SEC play.

I think it is more likely than not that Kentucky loses once on the road during the SEC (before looking at the unbalanced schedule)

I think it's two solid wins. UCONN will get better. That kid Hamilton is a stud. The one thing I don't like about their team is Gibbs. Not a guy I want in my foxhole. He's the kid that took a forearm to Arch from Nova. Not that we haven't all wanted to do the same... but we wouldn't.

I think it's two solid wins. UCONN will get better. That kid Hamilton is a stud. The one thing I don't like about their team is Gibbs. Not a guy I want in my foxhole. He's the kid that took a forearm to Arch from Nova. Not that we haven't all wanted to do the same... but we wouldn't.
boneyarders not too pleased at all with Gibbs... really good shooter but doesn't seem too interested in defense

A&M will definitely battle uk for SEC title. High quality team with great athletes

aggies get UK in college station on 2/20. I give the aggies punchers chance.

Seriously, A&M has a lot of good parts and will win a ton of games in the SEC. I'll be rooting for them to take down UK, and it is at least plausible.

Other than Duke, me too!

Great to see you change your tune from: Kentuck would prob beat us by 30...Go Cuse!!

I thought about this. UK is a bunch of hot dog one-n-dones. Wisconsin beat them last year with guy who shot like Lydon!

SBC - great to hear you call aTm a good team.

Prior to the tourney you said (see "Excited" thread, post #28) "We might be able to beat some good teams if we come out scorching the nets and other teams play lazy D and/or overlook."

So, do you think aTm (and UConn) played lazy D or did they overlook us? Or are you now ready to concede that this team has the offensive firepower to take down a good team?
Inquiring minds want to know.

I thought about this. UK is a bunch of hot dog one-n-dones. Wisconsin beat them last year with guy who shot like Lydon!
TL is a poor man's Frank the Tank. Frank had the Cooney drive, accelerating straight to the hoop, taking big steps, down the middle, using a spin move. Would love to see TL perfect that move in the next year or two as he beefs up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom