we broke the toss sweep out | Syracusefan.com

we broke the toss sweep out

upperdeck

Living Legend
watching it live , we had multiple guys blocking and while the plays worked it felt like they should have gone for much more..

even the play the center got hurt we had a center blocking a DB and no one else and the center gets dive bombed the play blows up, we gain little and lose a player.

but still nice to see a new play that actually gets us outside. maybe against teams without the dline speed it works better.

many of our plays break down because our runners have no patience to let the block develop, but over time that should get better.

many of our plays break down because our runners have no patience to let the block develop, but over time that should get better.

There are a few reasons why the run game is struggling. I don't think runner "patience" is high on the list.

The run game is not a zone blocking scheme. Zone blocking requires the RB to wait for seams to develop. That is not what is happening in DB's O. The majority of the runs are power, inside runs. The RBs are hitting those correctly. The problem is more about the OL not moving the DL off the line.

There are a few reasons why the run game is struggling. I don't think runner "patience" is high on the list.

The run game is not a zone blocking scheme. Zone blocking requires the RB to wait for seams to develop. That is not what is happening in DB's O. The majority of the runs are power, inside runs. The RBs are hitting those correctly. The problem is more about the OL not moving the DL off the line.
You may be partially right but I remember the play upperdeck is talking about and he is exactly right. The play was set up and well blocked. The runner( I think it was Strickland) missed a huge opportunity for a long run because he did not properly read the blocks and hit the gap which was large. I honestly think that's is what is keeping Fredericksburg on the bench also. He is a good runner but often times makes the wrong cut and misses opportunities for big plays.

You may be partially right but I remember the play upperdeck is talking about and he is exactly right. The play was set up and well blocked. The runner( I think it was Strickland) missed a huge opportunity for a long run because he did not properly read the blocks and hit the gap which was large. I honestly think that's is what is keeping Fredericksburg on the bench also. He is a good runner but often times makes the wrong cut and misses opportunities for big plays.
That's Fredericks not Fredericksburg. Getting harder to post these days

I hear you. I was responding in reference to the OPs statement that many of our plays break down due to runner patience. I agree that this sweep play was not set up well by Strickland. That was one out 30.

if you sit in the endzone you can see how many holes are missed.. this week there were alot.. the first 2 weeks there were no holes. and you dont need to run into the olines backs either.

I'd play Fredricks a bit more.

He is not all that fast but he sees space and gets positive yardage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom