We can play with Louisville at the YUM | Syracusefan.com

We can play with Louisville at the YUM

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Having watched every team in the ACC I am convinced that UNC is the clear cut best team and then everyone else is pretty good. I realize we have struggled on the road, but the defense is a lot better and we can play much better offensively than we did at the dome. I think Louisville will be about a 7-8 point favorite, but I like our chances based on how the teams are currently playing.

I think we have a shot for sure, but it will take good games from everyone. The problem with this team in road games is we get good efforts from 1-2 guys. We need good Gillon, Battle, White, and Lydon to win at the YUM. I remember when our team with MCW won in there, that was a great game.

It's going to take a career night for someone to hang with them. MCW played out of his damn mind that game. We need season ending intensity from the tip off.

its interesting how we have lost games with great play from inside guys, but seem to win games when we get great play from the guards.

It's going to take a career night for someone to hang with them. MCW played out of his damn mind that game. We need season ending intensity from the tip off.

If I recall I think it was Triche that didn't miss a shot in the first half and had to play pg cause MCW wasn't good against their pressure. MCW just made the dunk late that clinched the game.

I'm much more optimistic than you. I don't think we need to have someone have a career night. People said we needed Lydon and White to carry us last night. That's not how it turned out and that's basketball. It's not easy for Louisville to score this year.

If I recall I think it was Triche that didn't miss a shot in the first half and had to play pg cause MCW wasn't good against their pressure. MCW just made the dunk late that clinched the game.

I'm much more optimistic than you. I don't think we need to have someone have a career night. People said we needed Lydon and White to carry us last night. That's not how it turned out and that's basketball. It's not easy for Louisville to score this year.

Yep. MCW struggled for much of the game but turned on the defense late and Triche had close to 20 in the first half I believe.

Is it fair to say that an SU win clinches an NCAA bid, regardless of what happens vs. GT and in the ACCT?

I definitely think so. That would be a signature road win to go along with beating Duke, Virginia and FSU at home.

Love the optimism.

The only thing that has me worried is how good UL is at the Yum. 14-1 this season. Then again, who can really guard Tyus Battle when he's on? With the attention they'll HAVE to give White and Gillon, it leaves a few other big threats open.

I realize we have struggled on the road, but the defense is a lot better.
you lost me with that one. When has our D carried us to victory - and on the road no less?

If we're going to win, the big guns on offense need to show up.

you lost me with that one. When has our D carried us to victory - and on the road no less?

We are better on D now than when we played Georgetown, St Johns, and BC. I agree that we need more point from White and Gillon the last time he played Louisville. I'm also optimistic because Battle was sick that game and didn't give us much.

Is it fair to say that an SU win clinches an NCAA bid, regardless of what happens vs. GT and in the ACCT?
So tough to predict these games but i agree, this game should mean more to Cuse. And then you add in ul may be a little deflated. They must have thought if they beat unc they would win acc. Now after that loss they are probably playing for 2nd or 3rd. Lets see how much it means to them. We should have a better chance with Tyus more healthy but we may need AW to start getting hot again. If two guys are off between AW, TL, JG, and TB it will obviously be very very difficult. Need at least three of those guys playing well. The game is very very winnable imo!

Last edited:

I thought the defense was very very solid against Uconn, Pitt-1, Miami, Uva. JB claims it was very good against Duke but with all their O boards not sure i agree. But imo the Cuse has shown they are capable of very good defense altho yes i agree with you- havent seen it on the road. That is a problem.

Worth noting last years team was never seen as a defensive juggernaut during the regular season but then during 1st 4 ncaa games we only gave up 56/game. That really is was outstanding. I really see no reason why this years team cant match the defensive capability of last years team. Maybe JB can still work his magic on D with this team before all is said and done?

We are better on D now than when we played Georgetown, St Johns, and BC. I agree that we need more point from White and Gillon the last time he played Louisville. I'm also optimistic because Battle was sick that game and didn't give us much.
I remember saying during the game how frustrating it was that Battle couldn't go. I think we beat them at home if he was healthy. I think we can definitely win this game, but it will depend on if we get good Gillon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom