We can play with Louisville at the YUM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We can play with Louisville at the YUM

Wow some of you are a lot more confident than me. I have so little confidence in this team on the road, and Louisville plays great at home. Our offense is gonna have to be on fire to win this game, I think Louisville will drop 90+ on us. I'd honestly be surprised if we're within 10 in 2nd half.

Wow some of you are a lot more confident than me. I have so little confidence in this team on the road, and Louisville plays great at home. Our offense is gonna have to be on fire to win this game, I think Louisville will drop 90+ on us. I'd honestly be surprised if we're within 10 in 2nd half.

You aren't confident when we play Cornell at home.

I would love Tyus to do a head fake on his first step back, get his defender (hopefully Mitchell) in the air and draw a foul. Get him second guessing from the get go. You know that whoever they have on Tyus is going to be looking for the step back, and the only way to defend it, is to lunge at the shooter.

I don't know. Don Pitino will have them playing much better on offense this time, IMO. It doesn't matter really since we won't be able to hang on the boards even if they DO play poorly on offense like they did at the Dome.

I find it insufferable that our fans think we are going to get blasted in certain games without providing any analytical reasoning except this is school A we are playing and I am soooo scared. If Louisville had actually blown out teams like VPI, Miami, Pitt and Virginia at home I wouldn't be as confident, but they lost to UVA and the other games were all within 5 points and we are playing as good as all of those teams. Combine that with the fact they probably won't press us because of our shooting I'm confident we will at least give them a game unlike last year when nobody besides Cooney(ironically) could put the ball in the ocean.

I find it insufferable that our fans think we are going to get blasted in certain games without providing any analytical reasoning except this is school A we are playing and I am soooo scared. If Louisville had actually blown out teams like VPI, Miami, Pitt and Virginia at home I wouldn't be as confident, but they lost to UVA and the other games were all within 5 points and we are playing as good as all of those teams. Combine that with the fact they probably won't press us because of our shooting I'm confident we will at least give them a game unlike last year when nobody besides Cooney(ironically) could put the ball in the ocean.

have you watched syracuse play on the road this year? we're 2 buzzer beaters away from having ZERO wins away from the dome. and our last 2 road games we needed frantic comebacks just to have a chance against pitt and georgia tech, not exactly teams on louisville's level.

What's the problem here? What's wrong with being rational and anti Orange colored-goggled? All those teams can challenge Louisville better in the paint. Louisville's strength is defending the 3. I think they played so poorly on offense in the Dome. They just passed it back and forth on the perimeter or got wide open dunks off lobs or rebounds because we don't rebound. They shockingly had some horrendous turnovers (most unforced, IMO). It's reasonable to think that Don Pitino won't allow them to play so stagnant at the Yum, they play better, cut out the stupid turnovers, etc. What should be constant is their defending the 3 and rebounding. We shoot threes and don't rebound! Oh and we are on the road. Pardon me for trying to be rational. You can believe what you want and/or claim that this some "scared" or "insufferable" position.

have you watched syracuse play on the road this year? we're 2 buzzer beaters away from having ZERO wins away from the dome. and our last 2 road games we needed frantic comebacks just to have a chance against pitt and georgia tech, not exactly teams on louisville's level.

Yes, I've watched us on the road. I also know that nobody but Notre Dame and UNC have winning road records in this conference. People look at this through silo's.

What's the problem here? What's wrong with being rational and anti Orange colored-goggled? All those teams can challenge Louisville better in the paint. Louisville's strength is defending the 3. I think they played so poorly on offense in the Dome. They just passed it back and forth on the perimeter or got wide open dunks off lobs or rebounds because we don't rebound. They shockingly had some horrendous turnovers (most unforced, IMO). It's reasonable to think that Don Pitino won't allow them to play so stagnant at the Yum, they play better, cut out the stupid turnovers, etc. What should be constant is their defending the 3 and rebounding. Oh and we are on the road. Pardon me for trying to be rational. You can believe what you want and/or claim that this some "scared" or "insufferable" position.

I don't get how I am being so irrational and I definately am not viewing the game through orange colored glasses. I provided my stance. Louisville isn't some offensive powerhouse. Their 3 main guys shoot sub 43%. If they were blowing teams out I'd get your point, but they aren't. We also aren't playing the same pathetic way we were in December and January regardless if we can't rebound.

I don't get how I am being so irrational and I definately am not viewing the game through orange colored glasses. I provided my stance. Louisville isn't some offensive powerhouse. Their 3 main guys shoot sub 43%. If they were blowing teams out I'd get your point, but they aren't. We also aren't playing the same pathetic way we were in December and January regardless if we can't rebound.

It's all matchups. With them it doesn't matter what those guys shoot. I provided my facts that they can play extremely poorly, shoot poorly, but beat us because they will kill us on the glass and defend the 3. I'm certain they will play better against us at the Yum. Will Syracuse play better this time against UL? Who knows. Not sure if we are capable based on the matchup.

If Gillon is tentative we lose. If he takes it aggressively to the rack, we win.

A slice of swiss cheese would also be very solid against Uconn.
Uconn is not a horrible team, look closely at their last ~8 games. Not to mention- they beat us , we beat duke, one team is what ? 15 rpi, another what ? 100 rpi? But not that much difference between the three teams as you would expect from their rpis, bpis whatever

If we're going to win, the big guns on offense need to show up.

I think the only way we win is if we make shots and do not have to rely upon rebounding. We shot 53% FG against Duke with 54.% from 3. We shot 54% against UVA (lower 3pt %). We shot 56% against NC St with 57% from 3. Most of our losses are when we score less than 70 points. Good D is not going to be enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom