We clearly spend time in practice on the full-court press...i'd like to do the same for 1/3 court press | Syracusefan.com

We clearly spend time in practice on the full-court press...i'd like to do the same for 1/3 court press

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
I'm thinking a D where we drop back on D, but then, when players get near or below the 3 pt circle, we aggressively cover the other team's ball handlers and potential pass recipients, rather than play the 2-3 zone. So...think "full court press" but only in the 1/3 of the court that is the other team's offensive zone? I'm not talking about doubling the ball handler FWIW.

I'd love to see the team spent time in practice learning this defense. It would greatly reduce the number of open 3's. It would seem that the team could learn this with practice since it's sort of like the full court press but for less of the court.

Just a thought.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 9.51.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 9.51.30 AM.png
    358.7 KB · Views: 37
I'm thinking a D where we drop back on D, but then, when players get near or below the 3 pt circle, we aggressively cover the other team's ball handlers and potential pass recipients, rather than play the 2-3 zone. So...think "full court press" but only in the 1/3 of the court that is the other team's offensive zone? I'm not talking about doubling the ball handler FWIW.

I'd love to see the team spent time in practice learning this defense. It would greatly reduce the number of open 3's. It would seem that the team could learn this with practice since it's sort of like the full court press but for less of the court.

Just a thought.
Please dont question anything trust in the system. We are close.

Just a thought.
That seems like man. Maybe I missed the sarcasm. If so well done.

Blasphemy! Every minute we spend working on another D is a minute we’re not spending working on our awesome zone!

Blasphemy! Every minute we spend working on another D is a minute we’re not spending working on our awesome zone!
I'm saying we already clearly spend time on the press. Let's just shorten it to 1/3 the court?

And yes I know this is essentially a man D. I am just making a point. That this team "can't learn man" if they give it practice team is silly considering the full court press is just another iteration of man D.

yes our trunk monkey press is well coached. like a cat chasing a laser pointer.

JB use to double with his two guards out front. Clark is the perfect guard to double because he’s so small. Just do something to make Virginia uncomfortable. If we do the same old thing, Virginia will do the same thing as VT, with the same result. Players will completely tune JB out if we keep getting gutted in the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom