We don’t play hard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We don’t play hard

Is this the worst trapping team of the Boeheim era?

I've never seen it so ineffective.

I mean, it looked like Buddy and Girard were running in quicksand trying to recover... we basically said ‘hey Penn state, do you want to play 5 on 3, ‘cuz that’s what’s coming once you pass out of this trap?’

JB is hanging his hat on a three ball attack. we got shooters not bangers.expect a lot of these nights when they don't fall.

if that's what he's doing its going to be a long, long season cause we have TWO guys with a proven tack record of being able to shoot over 35 percent at this level. Most teams that are considered "outside shooting" teams have 5 or 6 of these dudes, and they generally have 1 or 2 insane shooters in the 40s

Eh most of this board bashed Oshae about a lot of things but that dude brought it every night. QG (who I’m super high on) can barely rebound and was bigger than OB.
You realize QG had more than a third of our rebounds against Penn State, right?

I'm not so sure it's a lack of playing hard or just not having confidence in doing things "right". I think this is especially true of the younger players.
When you have confidence in your self/game, you look smoother and faster.

I'm not so sure it's a lack of playing hard or just not having confidence in doing things "right". I think this is especially true of the younger players.
When you have confidence in your self/game, you look smoother and faster.
True. But that goes to the development part. Why do our guys always seem so confused? Why don’t they improve substantially?

You realize QG had more than a third of our rebounds against Penn State, right?
Yeah it was “better” I guess to the extent that disaster had any positives. I look beyond the stats though and couldn’t tell you how many of the total came on tips or easy rebounds but when he had to scrap for them he struggled imo. Compared to someone like OB who battled for every board. And that guy most people on here wanted run off. Again post was mainly about defending player like OB rather than jabbing QG (who I think will be very good).

True. But that goes to the development part. Why do our guys always seem so confused? Why don’t they improve substantially?
You have two players who are both essentially first year, in JG3 and Sid. This team has only been together 6 games.
Two good reasons why there is a lot of room for improvement of both players and team.

we had no answer to watkins. he was a man amongst boys. (and when i say man that dude looked older. like he could have been one of the original Ojays) and we will face many more watkinsesque dudes in the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom