We gotta go 8-6 the rest of the way | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We gotta go 8-6 the rest of the way

The good thing is they don't take power conference schools for the CBI anymore.
hah! well I guess Karma is gonna have to satisfy it's appetite for ass somewhere else, then.

e24fd710-7f8c-4c22-baa6-8c9c0fe01fb3.jpg

Briancuse said:
We need to go 8-6 to get us a nit bid, I agree.
Power 5 teams dont play in the CBi anymore

Wouldn't the NIT make the money move though and push to get us in? even if the Dome got 12-15K it would be the biggest crowds of the tournament. As sad as it sounds I believe the NIT is our ceiling and I'd actually like to make it (assuming that the NCAA's is out of the question of course) because it would mean more Syracuse basketball. Plus while the tournament is a sad consolation for a program like ours the it has a great history and I wouldn't mind winning it once (if we have to be there)...At least that's the way i'm trying to think about it to cope.

*sigh* Go Cuse..
Nothing personal. Puke

I lurked for years on this board before posting, and I always laughed whenever that sad Pitt CBI title picture was posted. I shudder to think we'll have one of our own.

you'd think I'd know by now that karma has a way of biting you in the ass.

Nah, the Pitt one was funny because that's literally their only postseason accomplishment. Not the case for us. I'll be happy to win any tournament we make this year. We always got a real banner hanging, no matter what.

10-8 with the way the OOC went, no shot this team comes close to a bid. Horrific OOC slate with numerous losses/results coming against bad basketball teams. This team needs to go 12-6. If 10-8, this team needs to win the ACCT imo. The OOC was that bad

imo we have to sweep louisville. beat tar heels ,devils and seminoles and win 2 AACT games to be considered.
(edit sat. 4:00-mon 7:00 is the shortest turn left on the schedule.)

Last edited:
imo we have to sweep louisville. beat tar heels ,devils and seminoles and win 2 AACT games to be considered.
If we beat Ville twice, UNC,Duke, FSU that will be 5 top 20 wins - and that will be as good as any team in the country. If we win those 5 games, and only beat GaTech twice and BC. We will get in easy. No matter what we do in the ACCT

Is the CBI the one with the 3 game series? Would be cool to see a series

Is the CBI the one with the 3 game series? Would be cool to see a series
Yup. I would never want to play in it (and now we can't), but there is something intriguing about a multi-game series in the final of a tournament.

It's not going to happen. I think Miami and Pitt aren't all that good and are going to end up middle of the pack at best by the end of the season. Where does that leave us? I could maybe see us beating Duke actually but not LOU/UNC/FSU. Hopefully BC doesn't pummel us again.

we need road wins against good teams, period. without that, the overall record is immaterial.

we have, at most, 6 more opportunities. The GA Tech game won't count as a good team; maybe the NCSU game won't, either.

That leaves
UNC
Notre Dame
Clemson
Pitt
Louisville

If we can't get 3 wins out of those 5, then our ceiling is NIT. Ceiling.

I once heard JB say, "Good teams win." You can't argue with JB.

It's not going to happen. I think Miami and Pitt aren't all that good and are going to end up middle of the pack at best by the end of the season. Where does that leave us? I could maybe see us beating Duke actually but not LOU/UNC/FSU. Hopefully BC doesn't pummel us again.

We flat out have to win every home game from here on.

(edit sat. 4:00-mon 7:00 is the shortest turn left on the schedule.)

Applying for membership into the AAC might be the solution to all the problems.

I'm still waiting for the first SU victory in an ACC tournament. The BET used to be such a wonderful event. I suspect we aren't even in position to determine how wonderful the ACC tournament is until we actually win a game in it.

Let's just go 500 for the season and skip the NIT.