We have a D2 offensive line. | Syracusefan.com

We have a D2 offensive line.

Rocco

Watching you.
Tonight again showed their massive weaknesses. They don't know how to pick up a single guy blitzing when they are only rushing 3 or 4 guys. It is ridiculous. Pass protection is horrid.

Something needs to change with Adkins. He obviously isn't making any adjustments. I'd rather have Wiley back. At least he screws around with the fans.

What with the holding calls???????????? I'm pretty sure Hay had 3 in the first half.

Mackey isn't a Div 1A center. You can start there. If his last name isn't what it is, he wouldn't be playing on this level on a BCS conference team.

Some of the other guys just aren't that good and never have improved during their time here. Part of that is coaching and part is just lack of talent. I won't throw this all at the coaches feet cause sometimes you can't make chicken salad out of you know what. But something needs to be done. I just don't know what

Next season you will have Hickey back ... Alexander, Trudo, Foy and Curtis will each have a year in S&C and in the program and in earnest I would like to consider them upgrades to this unit (I hope they see the field). We have a smallish center but he is not the weak link in this line (I am not saying he is a strength either). The guard play is what kills us the most ... that and blitz recognition. I am interested to see what the starting 5 upfront look like next year ... it sounded like Curtis and Trudo were playing well in camp and getting those two on board would be great. Plus I really like a couple of incoming guys next season Emerich and Knapp. I have faith and see some hope on the horizon, we just need to get through this season first. I think lack of playmakers will hurt us more next year than our line play ... but that is just me.

Adkins isn't getting it done, plain and simple. I think browning was pretty good when we had him, but I think Adkins is more recruiter than coach

Adkins is more recruiter than coach

The results on the field and recruiting trail are starting to make me believe this. Doug needs to roll up his sleeves w/ the OL if it's true. And Adkins needs to pull in a blue chip or two to compensate for what's beginning to look like ineffective coaching.

The results on the field and recruiting trail are starting to make me believe this. Doug needs to roll up his sleeves w/ the OL if it's true. And Adkins needs to pull in a blue chip or two to compensate for what's beginning to look like ineffective coaching.
Marrone can "begin" to start coaching the OL, but he has already admitted that the OL is where he spends the most time during practices. Marrone is going to have to make some personnel changes/coaching changes/play changes/etc. We will get eaten up by opposing DC's the rest of the year, and he knows it. It is a blessing that we are headed into a bye week. As far as recruiting, I don't know if Adkins is the answer. He hasn't landed any gems, and he doesn't seem like he has the spunk that would be attractive to recruits.

I do know that the OL play has taken a step back. We replaced Bart with Macky, which was a downgrade, but I agree that the rest of the line has been the most disappointing. The OL should be the strength of the team this year, and they are the weakest link.

Adkins isn't getting it done, plain and simple. I think browning was pretty good when we had him, but I think Adkins is more recruiter than coach

I thought Browning did a fantastic job given what he had to work with and the limited time he did it in. I was a little disappointed he was let go b/c I thought he was the only one that showed an improvement at his job.

I thought Browning did a fantastic job given what he had to work with and the limited time he did it in. I was a little disappointed he was let go b/c I thought he was the only one that showed an improvement at his job.

Browning is now the line coach at Akron. Maybe we could get him back. I'd love to see what he could do with a Moore/Gulley backfield.

Would love it to happen but somehow I doubt it does for a few reasons. One being that they didn't keep him to begin with - although I remember Marrone saying he appreciated Browning sticking around for a little and helping the new regime figure out what was what, all while knowing he wasn't going to retain his job

Agree with this 100%.At this point I would do whatever it took to get him back.

Double points at the Sheraton should seal the deal

Yep, I don't think it was so much Marrone letting him go. I'm not sure Browning had any intention of staying here. He got a 2-year deal and was here for the paycheck after getting thrown for a loop with Mason's surprise firing. He never moved his family to Syracuse and lived out of a motel on Carrier Circle.

Yep, I don't think it was so much Marrone letting him go. I'm not sure Browning had any intention of staying here. He got a 2-year deal and was here for the paycheck after getting thrown for a loop with Mason's surprise firing. He never moved his family to Syracuse and lived out of a motel on Carrier Circle.

Right, but there was speculation that that was more a result of him knowing GRob might not be around once the season ended - as opposed to him not wanting to be here.

Not excusing the OL, but are the other units better? Didn't see a lot of pressure on the Tulane QB; or coverage of the WRs. Our WRs weren't making plays.

Not excusing the OL, but are the other units better? Didn't see a lot of pressure on the Tulane QB; or coverage of the WRs. Our WRs weren't making plays.

The quick answer is ... no they are not ... WR will continue to be a weakness for us ... and it might not change for a year or two.

I remember Marrone saying he appreciated Browning sticking around for a little and helping the new regime figure out what was what, all while knowing he wasn't going to retain his job

I thought that was the RB coach. :noidea:

The quick answer is ... no they are not ... WR will continue to be a weakness for us ... and it might not change for a year or two.

I actullay think we have a pretty good group of wide-outs, just lacking a Mike Williams tupe of game-breaker. it's funny what a couple of bad games by the quarterback will do to the reputation of the receiving corps.

I actullay think we have a pretty good group of wide-outs, just lacking a Mike Williams tupe of game-breaker. it's funny what a couple of bad games by the quarterback will do to the reputation of the receiving corps.

Well let me rephrase ... they are decent ... but we don't have a game breaker ... very true. It doesn't seem like we can get any type of consistent separation from our wideouts ... what I wouldn't give for a Julio Jones, Mike Williams or Calvin Johnson type. We truly were spoiled by guys like Kane, Harrison and others. I am intrigued by Cornelious ... I think he could be a game breaker but its such a crap shoot with some guys.

Hmmm, maybe your right. I might have it mixed up.

Just remembered his name. Trivers. I also think White stuck around some for recruiting transition.

No the WRs weren't making plays either, but the offensive line didn't give Nassib enough time to let the plays develop completely though. On some of those plays, the WRs didn't have time to get open.

Our defense had a bad, bad game.

Right, but there was speculation that that was more a result of him knowing GRob might not be around once the season ended - as opposed to him not wanting to be here.
This is what I was thinking as well.Who knows,maybe Akron is his dream job.I would think it would be worth a shot though.

the WR are doing a nice job of getting open on the 1-2 yd patterns though so give them credit for that.

watching live though there seem to be open rcvrs most of the time the protection breaks down, probably half the INCs of the tulane game were just bad throws there were guys open when he had time to throw.

Nassib had at least two overthrows, one that would have been a TD. While he did better in the pocket, some of his passes just were way off.

Nassib had at least two overthrows, one that would have been a TD. While he did better in the pocket, some of his passes just were way off.

No doubt he made some really bad throws, but look at how many times he was forced into making a throw.