We have NO point guard!!!! | Syracusefan.com

We have NO point guard!!!!

Don't have one next year either, nor a PF or a C.

No, we have a freshman PG (Who is going through freshman PG development and learning while making freshman mistakes)

People have been spoiled over the past two years. This kid is a freshman. And he is not the problem.

Are you just saying that because he sat most of the second half? :)

at least we all know we won't be losing one to the NBA this year. Joseph needs a lot of work, but at least he will have rest of this year to learn and a summer on the hill to get stronger and better. I'm looking forward i guess to a more refined player by next October.

I know he sat at the end of this game, but honestly I don't think this is a permanent thing and still believe he'll be a lot better towards the end of this year and going into next year. That said, I hope something happens with the front court next season. Coleman (maybe?) and Roberson manning the 4/5 with Chinoso being the only other backup scares the hell out of me. I'd love Bryant to come, but A. I'm not positive he's even coming, and B. I don't think he's as elite as he's made out to be.

I know he sat at the end of this game, but honestly I don't think this is a permanent thing and still believe he'll be a lot better towards the end of this year and going into next year. That said, I hope something happens with the front court next season. Coleman (maybe?) and Roberson manning the 4/5 with Chinoso being the only other backup scares the hell out of me. I'd love Bryant to come, but A. I'm not positive he's even coming, and B. I don't think he's as elite as he's made out to be.
question marks all over the place...

He is a big part of the problem. Not his fault. He shouldn't be playing.

Right and when the team isn't getting much help all year from the other guards then there are big problems. Silent G could be the best guard on the team and he is an average SG/SF. Average. Yikes.

Don't have one next year either, nor a PF or a C.

What about Diagne and quite likely Bryant? It may not be as huge a drop off as one might expect. Still a bit premature to write off DC2, even if things look shaky. Chino likely doesnt want to be written off so soon either. He already has shown signs he can be better than BMK or even title belt holder Craig Forth before he is done.

Not disagreeing but, the problem wasn't point guard play today, it was halfcourt offense. We move the ball well, but we lack a isolation shooter from beyond the high post, and our spot up shooting has been inconsistant. That is as much on the sg's and sf's as it is on the point.

McCullough and xmas are tough in the paint. G, has been tough the last two games.

apparently a poster or two from syracuse.com have snuck in here.

Not disagreeing but, the problem wasn't point guard play today, it was halfcourt offense. We move the ball well, but we lack a isolation shooter from beyond the high post, and our spot up shooting has been inconsistant. That is as much on the sg's and sf's as it is on the point.

McCullough and xmas are tough in the paint. G, has been tough the last two games.

Sorry, man, McCullough's talented but far from tough in the paint. He killed us down the stretch today, dribbling off his face, falling down, and missing more layups. (And then there's all the points given away at the line and on his side of the zone.)

A big problem was point guard play today...Joseph offensively has no idea how to set up an offense. He doesn't make anyone better when he is on the court or get players into position. He fired away on threes his coach obviously doesn't want him shooting. G was serviceable, but doesnt have a point guard's awareness (not his fault). He's such a better play off the ball.

We have 3 players, none who are ready to play at the point or shooting guard spot. This pretty much is a carryover, from last season's collapse down the stretch. Teams learned how to guard Trevor, and he hasn't adjusted his game, until he does we will continue to struggle. We've been spoiled having shooting guards, who could handle the ball, and penetrate to score.

People have been spoiled over the past two years. This kid is a freshman. And he is not the problem.
What does this even mean? So, our laughable play at arguably the most important position on the team isn't a problem because we've been spoiled? His defense is horrible and offensively, he's been outplayed by every opposing pg he's gone up against. It's a huge problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom