We Have Shots Fired ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We Have Shots Fired ...

This guy is about as relevant as us message board posters.

There’s a story about basketball recruit in the 70s who went to visit Austin Peay, when he arrived in Austin, TX he called the coach up and asked “where the P was at” and that’s when he found out he went to the wrong city/state.
I'm a Tennessean,. and I remember that. The guy was from NYC and reported to be totally illiterate - could not read Dick and Jane 1st grade series. And knew nothing about anything other than basketball and street hustling. His nickname was Fly. On court he shot every time he could and never played defense worth a spit.

But I don't think he actually went to Austin TX. He just was dumb enough to think that Austin TX and Austin Peay SU were somehow all connected. And had said such things in interviews, which led to the coach refusing to let him talk to any media.

By the way, Austin Peay was a governor. That school is named for him because he felt that a normal school (teachers college) belonged in Clarksville to serve locals, including those who lived on the KY side of the river -where Peay and been born and raised.

I'm a Tennessean,. and I remember that. The guy was from NYC and reported to be totally illiterate - could not read Dick and Jane 1st grade series. And knew nothing about anything other than basketball and street hustling. His nickname was Fly. On court he shot every time he could and never played defense worth a spit.

But I don't think he actually went to Austin TX. He just was dumb enough to think that Austin TX and Austin Peay SU were somehow all connected. And had said such things in interviews, which led to the coach refusing to let him talk to any media.

By the way, Austin Peay was a governor. That school is named for him because he felt that a normal school (teachers college) belonged in Clarksville to serve locals, including those who lived on the KY side of the river -where Peay and been born and raised.
giphy (25).gif

Just kidding. I actually enjoy tidbits like this.

This is a bad hairline for 62 years old? I mean this could be the "after" in a Rogaine ad.

X6GQWpn6_400x400.jpg

This is a bad hairline for 62 years old? I mean this could be the "after" in a Rogaine ad.

X6GQWpn6_400x400.jpg

Maybe he's referring to the fact that the hair forms a straight line in the front?

I don't know. It's hard to read the mind of a former player I've never heard of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom