We have something here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We have something here

This year's team is really hard not to like. They work hard. They look like they are coach-able doing the right things on D. But there's still tons of work to be done on both ends of the court. However, if they beat Kansas I will fall off my chair Orange drunk!!!

Without question they are off to a better start than I thought possible.

They have the makings of a team that can hold its own in ACC play.

I think it's pretty obvious that this team plays together more than last year's did and plays harder.

Better defense is making up for some offensive deficiencies. If they can find a way to make some shots, they could be a real pain to play.

I agree. I think one other thing that is making this team better than expected is that they are forcing a lot of turnovers and TRYING TO RUN when they get them. I haven't seen an SU team run the floor in several years, it seems. Glad to see that's back. That's a big benefit of playing the zone in the first place. We have to keep up the defensive rebounding and the steals in order to keep the running game going.

The biggest test to compare to last year's team won't be the Kansas game. It'll be Uconn and Georgetown. We lost to those mid major dregs last year. Wins this year will prove something is different.
true . . . unless we actually beat kansas

The biggest test to compare to last year's team won't be the Kansas game. It'll be Uconn and Georgetown. We lost to those mid major dregs last year. Wins this year will prove something is different.

We’re really Georgetown’s only major team to play them before their Big East conference season starts. It will be their only chance to get a big preconference win. They sure won’t overlook us.

Everything has worked out. The frosh all have played well- there were varying expectations here but as a group they’ve aced it. Did anyone think Frank would be this good? Or Pascal? Tyus is the only one who is not a surprise. Last year was the opposite- high expectations at the start and downhill after that. I predicted 17-16 this year and I’m so pumped that I’m going to be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom