We haven't played anyone good | Syracusefan.com

We haven't played anyone good

Ken Pom has OK State and PSU as top 25 teams

They very well might be but I'm sure killing us in an efficient manner helps their stats.

I agree; just saying it wasn’t Bucknell and Cornell

Ok, let’s say the likes of PSU, OK St & Iowa are peer schools. Losing to them all by 20ish points would then make them not our peers right? Then factor in none of those losses were on the road and that makes it even worse. These next 2 games are going to be really telling.

Do we beat Georgetown next week to at least give me a little joy this year, because rest of ACC will likely beat us!

Do we beat Georgetown next week to at least give me a little joy this year, because rest of ACC will likely beat us!

I sure hope we can beat them and Georgia tech (both on the road?)

When did we start justifying losses to teams by saying they're tournament teams? We used to live in the top 15. We used to beat top 10 teams in these conference challenges.

When did we start justifying losses to teams by saying they're tournament teams? We used to live in the top 15. We used to beat top 10 teams in these conference challenges.

I didn't justify any loss. The OP said that we haven't played anyone good. If you make the tournament as an at large P5 team I think that qualifies as a good team. I believe we've played 3 tournament teams so far this season barring injury to their key pieces.

I didn't justify any loss. The OP said that we haven't played anyone good. If you make the tournament as an at large P5 team I think that qualifies as a good team. I believe we've played 3 tournament teams so far this season barring injury to their key pieces.

No way all 3 of these teams make the tourney, and even the ones that do will top out as 8 or 9 seeds at best. These were all middle of the pack ACC caliber teams.

No way all 3 of these teams make the tourney, and even the ones that do will top out as 8 or 9 seeds at best. These were all middle of the pack ACC caliber teams.

Not Iowa. I said PSU, OSU and UVa.

You're right. I altered the discussion.

We'll have to agree to disagree on what defines a good team. Simply making the tournament doesn't make you good, in my opinion. I think you have to be a top 5 seed (not top 5 overall, a seed of 5 or better). We weren't good last year.

You're right. I altered the discussion.

We'll have to agree to disagree on what defines a good team. Simply making the tournament doesn't make you good, in my opinion. I think you have to be a top 5 seed (not top 5 overall, a seed of 5 or better). We weren't good last year.
You have to be a 5 seed or better in the tourney to be a “good” team? That would mean there are only 20 good teams in CBB in any given year. Wow. You do know there are like 360 CBB teams total? Maybe your expectations need a little readjusting. If you can make the tourney, you’re a good team, imo. I believe Cuse is a great program and should be at least a top 25 team almost every year. But your definition of good is wack.

UVA getting run by a mediocre Purdue team. The wahoos will probably end up decent this year just because of the HackTime defense but they are a really crummy offensive team.

I sure hope we can beat them and Georgia tech (both on the road?)
I feel you’re going to be disappointed. I don’t see SU beating either GTech or Georgetown, especially on the road.

Oklahoma state lost to Georgetown tonight. McClung is going to run circles around our guards. The difference in his athleticism and our guards is staggering. Will be surprised if we hold Yurtseven under 22/11.

Ok, let’s say the likes of PSU, OK St & Iowa are peer schools. Losing to them all by 20ish points would then make them not our peers right? Then factor in none of those losses were on the road and that makes it even worse. These next 2 games are going to be really telling.

What will the next 2 games tell us that we don’t already know? I’m looking for two things in the next game. A better field goal percentage and vodka.

UVA getting run by a mediocre Purdue team. The wahoos will probably end up decent this year just because of the HackTime defense but they are a really crummy offensive team.

Granted, it was the season opener, and Gary Payton...I mean Jalen Carey...was still starting prior to our introduction of the revolving door backcourt, but they scored 48 against Syracuse. That should have been an early indication that they weren't so great.

Oklahoma state lost to Georgetown tonight. McClung is going to run circles around our guards. The difference in his athleticism and our guards is staggering. Will be surprised if we hold Yurtseven under 22/11.
You mean buddy and joe cant do this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom