We keep on winning, and | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We keep on winning, and

I know you are thinking only about the talent. But what about the rooting interest, the Likeability Index (LI). Look at the affect Dion and Fab would have on that:

Dion - LI 3-4 me first, me always, auditioning for the league
vs MCW 8 McD did time by playing 4th guard, only demerit is blowup with JB
Whitehot 10 first ever healthy RS for the team, working out like a madman, saying all the right things

Fab 5 anger issues, academic issues
vs DC2 9 local superstar who chose the 'Cuse
Noel 8 incredibly hyped superstar who chose the 'Cuse

You can see from above the huge increase in Likeability of next years squad with Dion and Fab leaving. You add to the above roster with BT -9 (4yr non-whining local kid), CJ 8 (no whining when he really should be a starter), Rak 6 (could improve with big offseason but for now he has been gifted a starters job), JS 7 (4yr kid but runs funny), and BMK 7 (heart and hustle but foreign and spazzy).

Next years squad looks to be just a great group of people. Could be the most likeable ever if Dion and Fab leave.

Just my opinion, but I don't think a scenario exists where MCW doesn't play 20 mpg next season. This is a kid that in just 11 mpg this season is averaging just about half an assist less than Waiters (2.6) or Triche (2.7) with a nearly identical turnover rate (if you project him to double the TOs in double the minutes). He is a pure PG who projects as an opponent's nightmare defensively and has shown plenty of potential as a solid scoring option as well. Should Waiters return, he gets 30+ and CArter-williams/triche split the remaining 45-48 minutes. Wouldn't be surprised to see Triche play that Duany role a bit where he has a real nice senior season but begins to lose minutes to all-BE type players as the season wears on.

No doubt MCW is good, and as I said, Dion's likely gone (even though we all agree that he's not ready/is slipping, etc..). But even if he does return, your point is well taken that MCW sees major minutes. We can hash this out over the summer after the draft - when we'll know what the moving parts are.

Either way, I'm giddy to have a talented 6'6" kid with MCW's court vision running the team. He can see and shoot over most defenders, has excellent feet on defense (when he's in the right position) and I love how he uses his length to shield the ball (Scoop holds it out front for the taking). Maybe, just maybe, Fab will be back with a more developed offensive game and we can actually have a PG that feeds the post.

I know you are thinking only about the talent. But what about the rooting interest, the Likeability Index (LI). Look at the affect Dion and Fab would have on that:

Dion - LI 3-4 me first, me always, auditioning for the league
vs MCW 8 McD did time by playing 4th guard, only demerit is blowup with JB
Whitehot 10 first ever healthy RS for the team, working out like a madman, saying all the right things

Fab 5 anger issues, academic issues
vs DC2 9 local superstar who chose the 'Cuse
Noel 8 incredibly hyped superstar who chose the 'Cuse

You can see from above the huge increase in Likeability of next years squad with Dion and Fab leaving. You add to the above roster with BT -9 (4yr non-whining local kid), CJ 8 (no whining when he really should be a starter), Rak 6 (could improve with big offseason but for now he has been gifted a starters job), JS 7 (4yr kid but runs funny), and BMK 7 (heart and hustle but foreign and spazzy).

Next years squad looks to be just a great group of people. Could be the most likeable ever if Dion and Fab leave.
That is hilarious.

I may have to register for this site under another name just so I can "Like" it twice.

I don't know about that. There's some tough competition, like the '03 team, the '96 FF team, the '79 Louis and Bouie and Marty Headd team. Those were all very likeable teams.

Haha. Interesting idea. I'd like to play along.

My "Likeability Index":
Dion: 7 - A little me-first, but the 'attitude adjustment was huge. Love the swagger.
MCW: 10 - Bought his time, great teammate, smooth style.
Cooney: 9 - Bought time as well. If he can shoot like we've heard, could be a 10.
Triche: 6 - Committed teammate, 4 year guy, but a little frustrating to watch.
Fab: 9 - Beast on D, major improvement. Unsure why you think he has anger issues. The academic issues kept him from a 10.
Coleman: 8 - Local kid, spurned UK, worried about conditioning/ceiling.
Grant: 8 - Great frame, bball roots, will have to wait and see.
CJ: 10 - Nothing not to like.
Rak: 7 - Has done well considering his situation. I think he is a big factor next year (though NN could harm his PT)
JS: 6 - See Brandon Triche.
BMK: 5 - Love guys who hustle, but he isn't really sweet in any way besides that.
Noel: 10 - Beast on D, would be spurning UK, ridiculous talent, flattop.

All that being said, 29-1 is pretty damn likeable.

Haha. Interesting idea. I'd like to play along.

Fab: 9 - Beast on D, major improvement. Unsure why you think he has anger issues.

The girlfriend thing.

I'm fully expecting Waiters to tear it up in the NCAA's and be a Top 10 pick in June.

I don't know about that. There's some tough competition, like the '03 team, the '96 FF team, the '79 Louis and Bouie and Marty Headd team. Those were all very likeable teams.
And, of course, the '10 team (although one shouldn't lose sight that at that time Scoop was rated a lot lower due to uncle problems).

And, of course, the '10 team (although one shouldn't lose sight that at that time Scoop was rated a lot lower due to uncle problems).
Hey Sarge, I'm sure you realize you've opened a very big can worms here.

This thread is going to get real entertaining. Thanks in advance.:D

Hey Sarge, I'm sure you realize you've opened a very big can worms here.

This thread is going to get real entertaining. Thanks in advance.:D

Upon further review, if I am extrapolating to next year and Fab came back - he would get a tremendous bump in the LI due to tossing aside the apparent road blocks, and money, and coming back. He would then be very Likeable and in the 7-8 range.

But for Dion, even if he came back, I would tend to attribute it to selfish reasons and remain wary of him. I don't know why. His best bet to increase his LI is by being the "dude" on a FF team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom