We Live Rent Free in BC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We Live Rent Free in BC

Let's try for higher than BC
We have no rivals...I get what you're saying but we have to start somewhere. We'll see in the new ACC what it brings. What Cuse needs is a nice 2-3 year run of Top 25 performance and the ability to keep the HC along with "Big Boy" Asst Coaching replacements as some guys move on to better positions.

Once Cuse stabilizes themselves as a Top 25 team opposing fans will start to circle their calendar for Cuse (like the 80s and 90s).

We as fans have to support the team by filling the Dome in the beginning to help Fran.

Is this what Syracuse fans sound like when talking about Syracuse?? Hahaha. What a total HOMER!

We have no rivals...I get what you're saying but we have to start somewhere. We'll see in the new ACC what it brings. What Cuse needs is a nice 2-3 year run of Top 25 performance and the ability to keep the HC along with "Big Boy" Asst Coaching replacements as some guys move on to better positions.

Once Cuse stabilizes themselves as a Top 25 team opposing fans will start to circle their calendar for Cuse (like the 80s and 90s).

We as fans have to support the team by filling the Dome in the beginning to help Fran.
At a minimum I’d rather it be Pitt. Just better all the way around

Can you imagine us having an entire podcast dedicated to why we're better than BC?

Good lord no! I mean, that would be even worse than imagining a dedicated thread here about Rutgers and/or UConn! Oh wait... ;):)

You have two tennis players.

Player A: Just entered his 30s. Was a regular at all the grand slams with 3rd-4th round finishes. Had a regression and had to play the challenger events. Finally has another opportunity to play at the grand slam events again and redeem himself and I guess do better the second time around. How often though do we see someone outperform there first prime during a second prime. How often do we see a second prime?

Player B: Just turned 18 years old. Had all the best training and coaches growing up. Seems that he may be destined for a lot of success, but you don’t really know until you see it. He has been really successful on the junior tour and only highly regarded up until this point by the media and peers.

Player A is Bill O’Brien and Player B is Fran Brown.

Now this is an anology I can get behind.

BoB was awful as the Pats OC last year. Somehow his offense was less productive that MATT PATRICIA'S. That takes some serious freakin' incompetence.

I'm sure he's entirely capable of getting BC to 6 wins on the back of a dreadful OOC schedule. Aside from that, meh.

That was near the high point in his career. It has since really nosedived.

He got demoted from a DC job but still hung around the NFL until 2015. Then he was unemployed for a couple of years. Finally got a job as an assistant for a HS team. Has been bouncing around with job coaching XFL/USFL teams. This is the first decent job he has had for 9 years.

Besides his problems finding a qualified DC, Bill really had a hard time finding someone who wanted to be the BC OC. Ended up taking a young TE coach from the Pats who has never been an OC, unless you count when he was at when he started coaching at Juniata. Not sure what Juniata is. Maybe a HS or a convent? I got curious and googled it. It turns out Juliana is a small college in Pennsylvania.

Anyway, our OC only has the one year at Baylor when he called plays (though he was also the OC for the Carolina Panthers the last 5 games of the 2021 season).

And it should be noted our DC has never been a DC (I am sure AJ pointed that out; I tried to listen to his podcast but I couldn’t get through his attempt at analysis). But he has been a key coach for a top performing defense for six years. He brought Joe Schaefer with him to SU, where he had been coaching the A&M outside LBs. Joe has progressed from being a HS coach (where he won a state championship) to a DC at progressively higher levels of college ball, where his defenses were consistnently top notch. He also added Robert Wright, another young coach from UB who was their DC.

So Elijah will be coaches on staff who have been DCs and who can presumablly help him game plan and make adjustments. And of course, he will have Coach Fran to help guide him as well.

Lewis has a staff of coaches who have not been DCs. To me, it seems like BC has a staff that is not distinguished or qualified. Their coaches on offense are also not impressive. They do have O’Brien, who at one time was thought to be a good offensive mInd. But he was a disaster as the New England OC last season and there are a lot of questions as to whether he can still coach.

I think it is fair to say there are questions about both staffs.I think even someone like Black would admit the Syracuse staff is vastly more qualified recruiting that the staff O’Brien struggled to put together. So everyone can agree Syracuse will have a vast advantage in talent over BC for the foreseeable future. Can O’Brien and his crew of misfit coaches shock the world and be competitive in the ACC? Time will tell…..

Juniata is a Texas JUCO, I believe. Too lazy to look it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom