We may no longer be in the same conference on 7/1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We may no longer be in the same conference on 7/1

New Jersey's finest

id-hit-it-14234.jpg

Agreed, the 2011 loss was particularly brutal, literally gave that game away.

Marrone blew that game himself.

Sent using my Commodore 64

New Jersey's finest

id-hit-it-14234.jpg

She actually lost a ton of wait. That being said, her for being famous and having more money than I'll ever have for literally no reason.

OH NO SOME PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET ARE SAYING MEAN THINGS ABOUT OUR PROGRAM!

Come on guys, you're all better than this.

Who are you guys talking about ,everyone is going to the ACC with us, Pitt, Louisville, Notre Dame.

Rutgers fans remind me of this. Totally dominated but think they are 'something'... Black/Scarlet, whatever. Hey they did wear those damn stupid black F.A.M.I.LY. uniforms.

Rutgers, that once proud football unrecognized co-champion of CFBdom, 1869, will have to defend their honor and pride against tOSU, PSU, Michigan and MState annually. When they rack up winning records against these four, I will start to pay attention. Until they do something of note on the field of play, there is nothing worth paying attention to. They can run off at the mouth all they want on their site, not a problem. Just don't let them ooze their nonsense and filth over here.

I do have to laugh at some of their fans who believe that PSU is washed up forever and that they will soon be dominating the above four teams. It really is as if some of these guys have only been watching CFB for a few years.

Just don't let them ooze their nonsense and filth over here.

Whoa! Great line! Scarlet and black = nonsense and filth. Classic!

I for one never got into the Rutgers hate. To me, they were just another game on the schedule, like Temple. I'm actually going to miss this series a little. It was a short drive from Pa and a nice place to tailgate and meet up with fellow Orange faithful. we used to couple it with a night in the Apple. 90% of the Rutgers fans I interacted with were very courteous and had respect for our team, even when we were terrible. Now, I will not miss trips to West Virginia. The ride was long and the filth and garbage we had to endure from 40-50% of thier rude fans is enough for me to never want to go back...

I for one never got into the Rutgers hate. To me, they were just another game on the schedule, like Temple. I'm actually going to miss this series a little. It was a short drive from Pa and a nice place to tailgate and meet up with fellow Orange faithful. we used to couple it with a night in the Apple. 90% of the Rutgers fans I interacted with were very courteous and had respect for our team, even when we were terrible. Now, I will not miss trips to West Virginia. The ride was long and the filth and garbage we had to endure from 40-50% of thier rude fans is enough for me to never want to go back...
I second your take on WVU road trips.

I for one never got into the Rutgers hate. To me, they were just another game on the schedule, like Temple. I'm actually going to miss this series a little. .

With most, I don't believe it is hate of Rutgers. They are not worthy of our hate. It's more like this. Say you are a golfer...and you are pretty good and good over a number of years. And there is always some crappy golfer who thinks he can beat you but he can't. Then, you go into a slump. You can't hit a straight shot. All of a sudden, the crappy golfer is beating you. It's not that he's really good. It's that you suck. To make it worse, this guy thinks the reason he's beating you is he suddenly got really good. Not only that, he now thinks he's always been good!

By quirk of fate, they got rescued from the dumpster fire of the AAC, and, now, they run their mouths like they're Alabama or USC.

I will enjoy seeing them get violated by the likes of OSU and Michigan on an annual basis.

I'd be interested to see the numbers... wins against programs in a "BCS" conference (once it all shakes out next summer)...

All Time
Since the 80s
Since the 90s
Since the 00s
Hell... Since 2005 just to see how close we are
In Bowl Games

We'd end up on top in each one except the since 2005. and even then I bet it's pretty close. What a nothing program. I'd rather talk about Indiana football.

For kicks and grins, I ran the numbers from 1995 through last season, 18 years. Going back further only benefits Syracuse more.

Syracuse: 109-109, v. BCS Level Teams: 106-108, v. Power Conferences: 81-104
Rutgers: 93-121, v. BCS Level Teams: 81-120, v. Power Conferences: 48-100

NOTES:
- Syracuse played only 4 games v. Div 1aa Teams, Rutgers played 13 v. Div. 1aa Teams (most under Schiano!)
- Power conferences includes the Big 6 and their predecessors, ND and BYU. Army, Navy, CUSA, MAC, etc. are NOT inlcuded in power conferences.
- Data from: http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/index.php

Quick analysis: Rutgers used to play decent teams prior to Schiano. Schiano really did schedule weak teams to pad his/Rutger's records. Rutgers is at best a mediocre team since 2005.

Rutgers record from 2005 to present is 63-37, v. BCS level Teams: 56-35, v. Power Conferences: 35-30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom