We need a game changing qb | Syracusefan.com

We need a game changing qb

bothsocksup

Starter
A qb that can make things happen with his feet. Pro style attacks look great when the line blocks, when the qb is given time, when the recievers make plays. However, we are inconsistent across the board... missed assignments, dropped passes, inacurrate throws. Running qb's are not only exciting for fans, but they coverup a lot of inefficiency's in a team.

Ryan will honestly go down setting a lot of career marks, but with him at hte helm, and the style of offense we run, and the demands it puts on the offense, we will never get to where we once were

A qb that can make things happen with his feet. Pro style attacks look great when the line blocks, when the qb is given time, when the recievers make plays. However, we are inconsistent across the board... missed assignments, dropped passes, inacurrate throws. Running qb's are not only exciting for fans, but they coverup a lot of inefficiency's in a team.

Ryan will honestly go down setting a lot of career marks, but with him at hte helm, and the style of offense we run, and the demands it puts on the offense, we will never get to where we once were
Agreed. But who should play: Hunt, Kinder, or Broyld?

Judging by their HS film, I'd give a slight nod to Hunt who seems to have the best passing touch, especially on the move. All of them scramble well but Broyld moves really well, very agile. If he doesn't make it at QB, I think he'd make a very athletic Fullback/H-Back type.

There were a number of times Saturday where a running QB would have picked up huge chunks of yardage when protection broke down.

SU's best years, generally, have come when we had a running QB. When you don't have a running QB, you better have a standout back or a few great receivers. We have neither.

I'd actually like to see Hunt and Broyld in the backfield at the same time, it would put extra pressure on the defense not knowing who would have the ball or what they might do.

Actually Ryan could run pretty well if they let him but they haven't developed a back-up they have any trust in so they don't want him to risk it. Marrone said on his show: He thinks he's a fullback".

Why don't teams pro and college make an effort to develop a back-up quarterback? Don Shula was famous for it with Earl Morrall and Don Strock. Why should it come to Curtis Painter or Charley Loeb?

I know its been said a milion times before, but the offense we run doesnt leave much room for error, and it doesnt lend itself to success on broken plays. We've thrown certain wrinkles ie reverses to Graham that have been successful, and when we ran the read option things seemed to open up. The offense just seemed very stale this year, and we were all hoping that marrone had a little more pizzaz then he has shown. I like the idea of getting an innovate offensive player as an OC and let Marrone just be a head coach.

I agree with the criticisms of the offense but in the Cincinnati game the special teams and the d lead to terrible field position all game long. Any offense is going to struggle if they have to go 80 yards all game, but especially one without a big play player.

I agree with the criticisms of the offense but in the Cincinnati game the special teams and the d lead to terrible field position all game long. Any offense is going to struggle if they have to go 80 yards all game, but especially one without a big play player.

Agreed. We out-gained Cincinnati and had more first downs. There was no turnover of conserquence. Cincinnati just didn't have as far to go because they averaged 11 yards more per punt, returned punts for and average of 20 more yards and returned kick-offs for an average of 15 yards more. Their average starting positon was their 35, ours was our 19.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom