We need Buddy's scholarship for next season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We need Buddy's scholarship for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of saying it won’t happen.
Please give an answer as to why not?

Not having this discussion for the 99th time. Knock yourself out.

Link to your previous answer please.
Honestly I don’t think I have read an answer from you why.
It’s always it won’t happen.
So please just say why it won’t happen.

How about we table the discussion until we have a surplus of scholarship players. If we find ourselves in the position of Hughes coming back then maybe it would happen, but JB is never going to say he’s taking Buddy off scholarship now when there is no need to announce/decide anything until next August.

I just can’t see him today saying Buddy is coming off scholarship so we can chase a theoretical 14th scholarship player when we have no idea how many scholarship players we’ll have on the roster come next August.

Don’t walk-ons get less benefits then starters in terms of meals and stuff?

It won’t happen because it won’t be needed. Guys are going to leave.
And if people are so fed up with the state of our roster why would they want a move that they think would position us to keep those bottom end players that “don’t belong in the ACC” anyways? It’s not a conversation worth having

If it’s fairly obvious then good bye to Carey, Hughes, and Braswell.

Oh boy that is great for 2020-2021.
It’s not fairly obvious.

If Carey leaves nobody else has to go.
To add another 2020-2021 recruit assume Braswell is gone. That sucks.

I don’t want to think Hughes is gone yet. We really need him.

The idea is to keep as many players on this roster as possible. Nobody wants to anything more than that. Buddy’s only mentioned because his dad can just pay tuition and theoretically nobody has to go.

That is it. My god. So if people want to say it is obvious it won’t happen it means more than one of Braswell or Carey are gone.
If people want to say Carey or Braswell are gone break the freaking news and people will stop.

It’s not obvious. It’s all speculation.

Why can’t a player like Braswell contribute his Senior year like James Southerland was his.
If we pushed Southerland out early just because we needed a scholarship it screws us down the line.

I don’t get why Buddy being on scholarship matters. It’s not a shot at the kid at all. We all know he can play. If his dad can keep a player in the program instead of leaving just for cash that should be the first option.

Maybe there’s a kid or two who WANTS to leave though? It doesn’t have to be a “pushed out” situation. The starting guards look entrenched for the next 2 years after this. Kadary is coming in. Somebody won’t want to be the 6th guard. Heck, somebody might not want to be the 5th.

Maybe there’s a kid or two who WANTS to leave though? It doesn’t have to be a “pushed out” situation. The starting guards look entrenched for the next 2 years after this. Kadary is coming in. Somebody won’t want to be the 6th guard. Heck, somebody might not want to be the 5th.
So that would be Carey. Which gets us to even for next year.
Who else? If we wanted to add a grad transfer big.

So that would be Carey. Which gets us to even for next year.
Who else? If we wanted to add a grad transfer big.

Carey, Goodine, Washington...who knows?

We know Girard and Buddy are starting and Kadary is coming in, though maybe he plays some 3?

Seems a good bet one of those 3 will leave though doesn’t it? We’re not going to have 6 guards on the team.

Carey, Goodine, Washington...who knows?

We know Girard and Buddy are starting and Kadary is coming in, though maybe he plays some 3?

Seems a good bet one of those 3 will leave though doesn’t it? We’re not going to have 6 guards on the team.
If Goodine goes that would be bad.
Washington wanted to come Syracuse if he goes it is more probable than not he will be asked to leave.

Carey let’s go with what I said.
The esquire in this thread said it’s fairly obvious Buddy to be walk-on won’t happen. It is not fairly obvious. That is the point I was making. People can speculate but it’s not obvious.

Hes going to be our best player for the next 2 years if Eli leaves. Hes my favorite player on the team.

Show him some respect JB. I know you don't want to do this because you don't want people thinking of him as a walk on.

Hes gonna be our best player and might even set NCAA records for 3 pointers will almost certainly get the school one. Our depth is awful and we've whiffed big time on recruits. It would also be one less guy we have to push out the door.

Feel bad for this team having to go to battle with no backups. None of Marek/JG3/BB s are suited to playing over 30 mins only Eli who is older and in his 4th season of NCAA ball is.

Over the years the last scholarship player on the roster has often ended up being very good and the guys we've turned away due to not having one more scholarship have also done well. Shouldn't even be a discussion and we should have a grad transfer center with that scholarship this year and Edwards redshirting with JBA.
We don't. there will be guys leaving the program. There always are.

Washington wanted to come Syracuse if he goes it is more probable than not he will be asked to leave.

The esquire in this thread said it’s fairly obvious Buddy to be walk-on won’t happen. It is not fairly obvious. That is the point I was making. People can speculate but it’s not obvious.

In today’s environment where it’s really easy to transfer, I assume that anybody that’s not a lock to have a big role could go. We’ll see.

Hard to see us being in a situation where we’ll have too many guys. We have zero bench.

In today’s environment where it’s really easy to transfer, I assume that anybody that’s not a lock to have a big role could go. We’ll see.

Hard to see us being in a situation where we’ll have too many guys. We have zero bench.
Wouldn’t mean it’s not fairly obvious.
I agree with your point.

I was responding to a poster saying it’s fairly obvious when it’s not. We are all speculating. Nobody knows who is leaving. Beyond probably Carey.

If Carey was going to transfer wouldn’t he have already? That would make more sense to me than waiting until the season is over. But I also don’t know anything it’s just my thought on the matter

If it ever comes out that HoWash is asked to leave, I’m done for good with Syracuse.

If Carey was going to transfer wouldn’t he have already? That would make more sense to me than waiting until the season is over. But I also don’t know anything it’s just my thought on the matter
Yeah but the poster in this thread said it’s fairly obvious what is going to happen.
What is fairly obvious about next year’s roster.
Nobody knows if they do they are FOS right now.

If the coaches make the determination that someone is the 14th man and will not play; instead of “running off” that player can they give said player the option of being associated with the team as a scholarship team manager?

No opportunity to play or suit up, but can stay in school on scholarship and remain with the team?

If it’s fairly obvious then good bye to Carey, Hughes, and Braswell.

Oh boy that is great for 2020-2021.
It’s not fairly obvious.

If Carey leaves nobody else has to go.
To add another 2020-2021 recruit assume Braswell is gone. That sucks.

I don’t want to think Hughes is gone yet. We really need him.

The idea is to keep as many players on this roster as possible. Nobody wants to anything more than that. Buddy’s only mentioned because his dad can just pay tuition and theoretically nobody has to go.

That is it. My god. So if people want to say it is obvious it won’t happen it means more than one of Braswell or Carey are gone.
If people want to say Carey or Braswell are gone break the freaking news and people will stop.

It’s not obvious. It’s all speculation.
I think we should add Goodine to this talk. He isn't playing at all. We have both guards back. Plus, a guard coming back. I don't think Goodine leaving is off the table. I also think Carey will leave. It makes perfect sense that Carey stays right now and goes for a medical hard ship in the summer. For that matter, Washington could leave. There will be ships available. Having said all that, I think Buddy should be off ship for no other reason than it would give us an extra ship so we could say to the NCAA, hey remember when you shorted us ships? Well, we have one more than anyone else now.

If the coaches make the determination that someone is the 14th man and will not play; instead of “running off” that player can they give said player the option of being associated with the team as a scholarship team manager?

No opportunity to play or suit up, but can stay in school on scholarship and remain with the team?

What’s the benefit? Team managers are plentiful and players want to play. I don’t see a net gain for either side. Players who are ‘encouraged’ to leave are allowed to finish the year on scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom