We need Buddy's scholarship for next season | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

We need Buddy's scholarship for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
my response. the boeheims are millionaires .buddy qualifies for free tuition (faculty). if some wealthy folks want to pay full tuition for their kids to attend a program i'm cool with that. the "someone else" is gonna get investigated.

thats what I hate about these threads. Scenarios get tossed about then the hate starts flowing.

1579111171238.png

keep in mind JB" s millions came from the university and sneaker companys (doubt his video made much)
give a little back. he can afford it. you want to talk optics ? buddy is slighted if he ain't schollie ? nonsense.

keep in mind JB" s millions came from the university and sneaker companys (doubt his video made much)
give a little back. he can afford it. you want to talk optics ? buddy is slighted if he ain't schollie ? nonsense.

Give a little back?! Do you know what the man has done for the community? The way he spends his money is his business.

syracuse university made him rich. we now also owe his kid a paid scholarship slot even though it's free ? get real.

syracuse university made him rich. we now owe his kid a paid scholarship slot even though it's free ? get real.

First of all, JB is running one of the most profitable programs in the nation, so he's earned his money and probably a lot more than he is being paid by Syracuse University. Buddy's earned his scholarship, obviously. Don't let your hate of JB get in the way of common sense.

syracuse university made him rich. we now also owe his kid a paid scholarship slot even though it's free ? get real.
His kid deserves the scholarship. My god the point being debated has nothing to do with this.
These are the posts that let Bees come up with his narrative.

The only reason to suggest this idea is because of our roster crunch for 2020-2021.

I am going to answer you when I shouldn’t.
The poster I am responding to does a great job not debating but being critical of what he disagrees with.

Doesn’t answer when asked to show this previous answers on this issue he claims have been said that would end the discussion when asked politely. Then turns to the attack the poster(in this case me) for whatever he wants to claim that allows nothing to be resolved but he can appear to be right.

When nothing is proven to his point but because in his mind whomever he is debating is crazy or stupid it doesn’t matter. It’s a smart tactic to use but it’s crap. I am loud and I can annoy but nothing I said was crazy but the poster just makes it about me so he doesn’t have to answer.

Sorry for the rant. He will comeback with a shot at me and not on the issue and it nothing gets resolved.
The point remains NOBODY has a clue what is fairly obvious about next year’s roster. Pretty much everyone but Girard or Buddy could go.

Nobody has a clue and if they do then they should spill the beans and break news.

you’re a piece of work. What is it that you are looking for? What beans are there to spill? All you do when someone says something is ask for proof. There is no proof because you even agree, nobody knows. Show me one post I made where I said I knew factually what will happen. You won’t find it. Then when people give their opinions, make guesses or say what they feel could happen, you want to kill them too because it’s not fact. You’re just going in circles.

my personal point, and that of some others,, is that you and a few others want to lay down what the expectations are. You all talk like JB is some ass if he doesn’t make buddy a walk-on or if JW doesn’t play some financial games to allow JB an extra player.

everything you say about others posters, is exactly what you are doing. You’re playing a circular game and the sad part is you don’t even see it yourself.

again, show me one post where I, or anyone you are arguing with, said we know what will happen thus justifying you constantly asking for prood or to spill the beans.

His kid deserves the scholarship. My god the point being debated has nothing to do with this.
These are the posts that let Bees come up with his narrative.

The only reason to suggest this idea is because of our roster crunch for 2020-2021.

what’s the narrative? Come on, spill the beans.

Keep in mind that JB came to Syracuse as a walk-on and had to earn his scholarship. Obviously not a lot of parallels to Buddy's situation but Dad's perspective is important here as well.

Keep in mind that JB came to Syracuse as a walk-on and had to earn his scholarship. Obviously not a lot of parallels to Buddy's situation but Dad's perspective is important here as well.

yep. and maybe he will take buddy off scholarship. I don't think he will or will need to, but it drives me nuts that some people think he's somehow in the wrong or cares only about buddy and not the program, if he doesn't. we're months away from even knowing what we will have for numbers, but anything for certain people to complain about jb. they just make up strawmen.

Buddy obviously deserves the scholarship as he is one of our best players, but that wasn't really the point of this thread. Alsacs is taking wayyy to much heat here. A few others feel the same way. Now I don't think he will come off scholarship, but here's a scenario to consider:

We lose one guy(lets say Carey) and gain 2 scholarship players who we have so far recruited...Eli decides to stay...

What if there's a chance to get that big guy or Towns and it's a difference of having 21-23 wins next year or being a legit contender? JB has always wanted to win. He won't take Buddy of scholarship? or Buddy wouldn't volunteer? I highly doubt it.

you’re a piece of work. What is it that you are looking for? What beans are there to spill? All you do when someone says something is ask for proof. There is no proof because you even agree, nobody knows. Show me one post I made where I said I knew factually what will happen. You won’t find it. Then when people give their opinions, make guesses or say what they feel could happen, you want to kill them too because it’s not fact. You’re just going in circles.

my personal point, and that of some others,, is that you and a few others want to lay down what the expectations are. You all talk like JB is some ass if he doesn’t make buddy a walk-on or if JW doesn’t play some financial games to allow JB an extra player.

everything you say about others posters, is exactly what you are doing. You’re playing a circular game and the sad part is you don’t even see it yourself.

again, show me one post where I, or anyone you are arguing with, said we know what will happen thus justifying you constantly asking for prood or to spill the beans.
Fairly obvious...

Also if I want to criticize JB I will do it directly for stuff about the program. This idea HAS nothing to do with that. It’s a loophole that would allow the roster to remain intact if nobody wants to go. However you and others want to make it into a criticism of JB. When it’s not.

The rest is exactly what I said. You didn’t answer the requests earlier in thread.

I think an underlying issue is some feel our current recruiting class doesn't address our needs:
Center and PG

I like Woody and Kadary but I don't think they will fix our issues for next year.

I think the scholarships should be used for a natural PG to make up for the whiff on Carey and to support JGIII and at Center to find an upgrade over Sidibe. I know we have Edwards and JBA etc but part of me feels if JBA isn't good enough to play this year with what we currently have, was he really good enough in the first place to be offered by Cuse? I know some will think that's overly harsh but it may be the reality.

I think some posters are worried that the Staff feels content w the roster and our 2 commits and are just sitting on their hands at this point. Not sure if that is the case or not.

Buddy obviously deserves the scholarship as he is one of our best players, but that wasn't really the point of this thread. Alsacs is taking wayyy to much heat here. A few others feel the same way. Now I don't think he will come off scholarship, but here's a scenario to consider:

We lose one guy(lets say Carey) and gain 2 scholarship players who we have so far recruited...Eli decides to stay...

What if there's a chance to get that big guy or Towns and it's a difference of having 21-23 wins next year or being a legit contender? JB has always wanted to win. He won't take Buddy of scholarship? or Buddy wouldn't volunteer? I highly doubt it.

The fact that the staff is still looking at bringing kids in suggests we have at least a couple leaving.

Would JB do it if needed? Probably. But it’s highly unlikely.

yep. and maybe he will take buddy off scholarship. I don't think he will or will need to, but it drives me nuts that some people think he's somehow in the wrong or cares only about buddy and not the program, if he doesn't. we're months away from even knowing what we will have for numbers, but anything for certain people to complain about jb. they just make up strawmen.

I'm with you 100%. I hate the threads full of speculation - particularly when they get into potential transfers. And there is a strong likelihood any roster issues would work themselves out. But if it came down to it and we had a chance to pick up an additional player that could significantly improve the team and the ONLY option was to move Buddy off scholarship for a year, I don't think there is any question what Coach would do.

JB has given back for decades, by not getting FMV for his services.
true enuf. i agree JB has done a lot for this community . now can you agree his kid don't need a free ride ?

Fairly obvious...

Also if I want to criticize JB I will do it directly for stuff about the program. This idea HAS nothing to do with that. It’s a loophole that would allow the roster to remain intact if nobody wants to go. However you and others want to make it into a criticism of JB. When it’s not.

The rest is exactly what I said. You didn’t answer the requests earlier in thread.

what requests??? you're asking for something that doesn't exist. you've said it 10 times. nobody responds because you keep asking for imaginary things.

and the person that said fairly obvious isn't implying they know factually.

I think an underlying issue is some feel our current recruiting class doesn't address our needs:
Center and PG

I like Woody and Kadary but I don't think they will fix our issues for next year.

I think the scholarships should be used for a natural PG to make up for the whiff on Carey and to support JGIII and at Center to find an upgrade over Sidibe. I know we have Edwards and JBA etc but part of me feels if JBA isn't good enough to play this year with what we currently have, was he really good enough in the first place to be offered by Cuse? I know some will think that's overly harsh but it may be the reality.

I think some posters are worried that the Staff feels content w the roster and our 2 commits and are just sitting on their hands at this point. Not sure if that is the case or not.
Stop using common sense. I mean everything has to be an attack on Jim Boeheim and not about wanting a better team.

Jeez. I am critical no doubt but I am not looking to hammer the guy. I am actually a fan of Jim Boeheim and Syracuse hoops. I am not even saying make JB pay for it out of pocket. I have advocated the AD giving him a “bonus” so that at worst he breaks even or more likely gains a couple bucks for the idea.

Jeez this isn’t hard to understand which you do here.

The staff did try to bring in Isaiah Jackson, and believe he would have played center. If the staff is looking at the Ivy big man for immediate help, they may not be content with what we have on the roster. If that’s the case, have to think the staff is aware of kids leaving early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom