We need to land a big time scorer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We need to land a big time scorer

Roberson will have ZERO impact on offensive end next yr... Ennis will have to score... and BJ won't give us the scoring we need... We need a legit scorer... MCW has to stay n improve his O

Roberson will have ZERO impact on the offense? I'll take that bet.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Are we forgetting about Trevor next year? Granted, this year is quite the disappointment for him, although there's been a few brief flashes. I say TC makes marked improvement this year to next when his PT should rise sufficiently to where his shooting ability and confidence come thru in game situations. Wasn't Dirty a great practice shooter but not a game shooter in his early days, now look at him. Why not Cooney following the same footsteps?

Roberson will have ZERO impact on offensive end next yr... Ennis will have to score... and BJ won't give us the scoring we need... We need a legit scorer... MCW has to stay n improve his O

Roberson can score and will have an impact.

Believe it or not, I think Cooney scores consistently next year. The game slows down, he isnt as nervous and he will be getting minutes and not worry about getting pulled.

I think Coleman is going to be a beast next year. He should be able to give us 11 and 7 relatively easy in my opinion next year.

I'm also really hoping that Coleman comes back this year as well. I think we're a lot better off with Coleman.

I think Coleman is going to be a beast next year. He should be able to give us 11 and 7 relatively easy in my opinion next year.

I'm also really hoping that Coleman comes back this year as well. I think we're a lot better off with Coleman.

This is not anything remotely close to a given. I hope it is but many factors must be considered. How is he post surgery? His weight? If his defense dosn't get better than Boeheim won't have him out there, period. He needs a more decisive post move than that same slow developing drop-step.

Where is he going?

This is not anything remotely close to a given. I hope it is but many factors must be considered. How is he post surgery? His weight? If his defense dosn't get better than Boeheim won't have him out there, period. He needs a more decisive post move than that same slow developing drop-step.

I agree. I thought Rak would make a jump this year and that didnt happen. I am not expecting anything from DC next year and hope to be pleasantly surprised if and when he puts up those numbers.

I'm hoping SU recruits a center cause the current crop makes Craig Forth look like an AA.

I agree. I thought Rak would make a jump this year and that didnt happen. I am not expecting anything from DC next year and hope to be pleasantly surprised if and when he puts up those numbers.

Obviously Coleman has a long way to go, but he'll get a lot better. Especially by next year. I was also suggesting/hoping that Christmas would make a leap from last year, but it just isn't happening. The good news is that Coleman has more rebounding/scoring ability in his pinky toe than our current big guys combined. He also averages more rebounds per minute than anyone on our team. Obviously Coleman has gotten a bunch of minutes vs. scrubs, but I'm plenty confident in him. He's averaging 5.0 ppg, 4.4 rpg in 14 minutes a game.

Please don't take offense, but but Roberson ZERO impact?

He has an array of post moves that not one of our guys has right now, except maybe DC2 to his potential.
Ridiculous spin moves off the dribble, shoots from the outside with form.
Takes wings off the dribble from the perimeter.
Here's just a quote from a play by play I wrote a while ago.
"roberson head fake SPIN MOVE! and GOOD! crazy move, kid's nice, clearly
dude's just got an arsenal from high to low, who said it, Wallace similarities?"
No, I am not an expert, but I saw what I saw, and you can still replay a few of his full games and judge for yourselves.
I have a VCR tape of the one I mentioned above, sorry not digital.

Have you seen BJ's outside shooting on isolation plays? He might be more developed than CJ was at that age.
Gbinije, CJ, Grant as already said, Grant a mismatch nightmare for almost anyone playing SF.
Oh, and I am pretty certain Ennis just dropped 53 points because he was angry at getting snubbed.
Let me say that again. 53 points. And it wasn't a dinky team they went up against.

We have the possibility of way more isolation scoring than this year in my honest opinion.

I'm hoping SU recruits a center cause the current crop makes Craig Forth look like an AA.

Craig Forth really couldn't hold Christmas or Coleman's jock dude.

cj and jerami probably.
But . .But . . what about Cooney and Coleman? Hey most people here were prediciting at least 8 from Colemen this year, some even said 10. And Cooney was supposed to add 6 to 8 with his dead eye shooting. Naw. Hopefully those are the points they'll score NEXT year. Probably closer to 6 for both.

Are we forgetting about Trevor next year? Granted, this year is quite the disappointment for him, although there's been a few brief flashes. I say TC makes marked improvement this year to next when his PT should rise sufficiently to where his shooting ability and confidence come thru in game situations. Wasn't Dirty a great practice shooter but not a game shooter in his early days, now look at him. Why not Cooney following the same footsteps?
Except that JS hit his first 5 or 6 shots in in college ball. Clooney didn't make that many in his first 6 GAMES! After James performance, big things were expected and didn't happen right away. Problem is that when Clooney misses, he as often as not missed everything. At least when James missed he still hit good iron. Hard to see that big an impmrovement in Trevor over the summer especially if it is a game situation thing and not just shooting. Where is he going to get thet game situations during the summer?

Craig Forth really couldn't hold Christmas or Coleman's jock dude.
Use of Forth was an attempt to be facetious. Couldn't find a facetious emoticon to help those who have difficulty with perceiving statements as jocular. That being the case, Forths numbers are actually comparable to Xmas for his first two years. Not that use of Forth is a good standard to measure a player who a number on this board expected to being drafted this year by the NBA. Then theres Keita (great person but getting killed as a center) and Coleman (maybe next year but other than rebounding I see nothing promising). All three represent a very little offensive threat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom