We played hard and this Duke team isn't hateable | Syracusefan.com

We played hard and this Duke team isn't hateable

Alsacs

Living Legend
We lost this game with our terrible defense in the first 5 minutes in the 2nd half and our offense went cold during that time.
Duke basically played 3 on 3 in the 2nd they glued on G and Cooney and Rak/Roberson missed some bunnies.
I was proud of the effort and if we got a couple of breaks we could have won.
I will say this Duke team this year isn't a team you dislike. They played hard and didn't bark and flop that much. Plumlee tried one flop and the ref called it on him. I find their brand of basketball enjoyable and I hope them or Virginia can prevent Kentucky from winning the NC.

It was a scrappy effort and we all knew this was going to be a down year by our standards. That being said I am proud of this teams toughness. Better days are coming!

We lost this game with our terrible defense in the first 5 minutes in the 2nd half and our offense went cold during that time.
Duke basically played 3 on 3 in the 2nd they glued on G and Cooney and Rak/Roberson missed some bunnies.
I was proud of the effort and if we got a couple of breaks we could have won.
I will say this Duke team this year isn't a team you dislike. They played hard and didn't bark and flop that much. Plumlee tried one flop and the ref called it on him. I find their brand of basketball enjoyable and I hope them or Virginia can prevent Kentucky from winning the NC.
Okafor is a classy kid.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. And next year they're adding a kid from our area named Luke Kennard. McD AA super nice kid and just a flat out shooter. I've only seen him once and all everyone talked about after the game was what a quiet 38 points he had in addition to his 16 rebounds and 13 assists.

The kid that impressed me the most was Tyus Jones. So composed and solid for a freshman. Has a little Tyler Ennis in him. Imagine if we had him this year.

K has it exactly right. Everyone is after Duke. They're America's target. (from Syracuse.com):

"I think we're a lot of people's something," responded Krzyzewski when asked if he felt comfortable being our burg's new Georgetown. "It's nice to be wanted. But I think as long as Jim and I are coaching, it won't be that type of rivalry. It was nasty.
"This is a great environment. But we weren't losing because our guys were intimidated. We were losing because (the Orange) were so damn good. Coming here and playing before that crowd and against that team, it's a big win for us."

It's silly to call Duke the new G-town.
There's only one G-town.
And I LOOOOAAAAATHE them.
Can't wait till we get the chance to pound them again next year.
Meanwhile...Duke has only one arch-rival... it's UNC and that's the way it always will be regardless of whether we fill the dome each time Duke comes to town.

For me, it's not about the players usually. It's about the Dook fan base that I dislike the most, and my wife is part of it. :(

They are arrogant and self-righteous - of course I'm generalizing here, but over the years I've been exposed to more Dook fans than I would care to admit (thanks to my wife).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom