We really got screwed with this draw | Syracusefan.com

We really got screwed with this draw

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
fsu, nc state, Clemson, Miami, etc, are all middle of the road teams. We play them all 10 times and we’ll probably go 5-5 against all of them this year. We play unc 10x and we’ll win 2 or 3. Unc is better than all of them despite having similar records.

Put it this way, would you be surprised if unc makes f4? No way. Would you be surprised if the other 4 teams make f4? More like shocked. Louisville will get in over us cause they won today and we didn’t.

fsu, nc state, Clemson, Miami, etc, are all middle of the road teams. We play them all 10 times and we’ll probably go 5-5 against all of them this year. Unc is better than all of them despite having similar records.

Put it this way, would you be surprised if unc makes f4? No way. Would you be surprised if the other 4 teams make f4? More like shocked. Louisville will get in over us cause they won today and we didn’t.

Other way to look at it...IF we need a big win beyond the first two rounds, is it better for our team to face UNC after just one game rather than two?

I'm not saying you don't have a point, and you're definitely right if just one more win would have done it.

fsu, nc state, Clemson, Miami, etc, are all middle of the road teams. We play them all 10 times and we’ll probably go 5-5 against all of them this year. We play unc 10x and we’ll win 2 or 3. Unc is better than all of them despite having similar records.

we haven't lost yet tonight

Other way to look at it...IF we need a big win beyond the first two rounds, is it better for our team to face UNC after just one game rather than two?

I'm not saying you don't have a point, and you're definitely right if just one more win would have done it.

I think 1 more win gets it done regardless of who we played. Obviously Carolina would be the most impressive win, but I’d much rather have the easier game. No matter who we played this round it would still be a win against a tournament team on neutral court.

We really didn't get screwed by the draw, we screwed ourselves by not winning certain games earlier in the season. Nobody to blame by ourselves. We are by definition a bubble team, inconsistent, looking great one game or in parts of games and looking terrible in others. We are what our record says we are. A middle of the pack ACC team at best. Hopefully next year will be different.

This wasn't random. It was all based on wins and losses and tie breakers. It's hard to believe that UNC dropped down to the 6 seed but they did. I think we do ok tonight.

This wasn't random. It was all based on wins and losses and tie breakers. It's hard to believe that UNC dropped down to the 6 seed but they did. I think we do ok tonight.

New York City is our house. I also think we do OK tonight. Either win or have a respective loss. Should be enough if other bubble teams suffer loss in their early conference tournament games.

Should've beaten ND earlier this year. We'd be the 10 seed and facing a Virginia Tech team that we match up well with, not to mention in front a pro-Syracuse crowd.
There are other games SU could have won including outside the ACC over a very good St. Bonaventure team.

But the Orange didn't deserve a win over ND.
ND played without Colson or Farrell and still embarrassed SU for most of the game.
That last play turnover that ND took in to win capped the debacle.

Horrific draw. We would be 50/50 against anyone else and a win would have positioned us nicely on a weak bubble. NC is a 2 seed.

I like our chances tonight. We've got momentum, we'll have the crowd, we've got something to prove, we've got an opportunity to keep playing and make the NCAA Dance. Isn't that what most teams want this time of year? The ball is in our hands.

There are other games SU could have won including outside the ACC over a very good St. Bonaventure team.

But the Orange didn't deserve a win over ND.
ND played without Colson or Farrell and still embarrassed SU for most of the game.
That last play turnover that ND took in to win capped the debacle.
Of course but if UNC didn't choke away that duke game wed be playing a much inferior nc state team.

its not like north carolina is unbeatable, we can play with them, not expecting pinson to go for 23 this game

Woulda, shoulda, coulda...is the lament of losers.
We’re still alive- beat UNC and it all becomes moot. Lose to UNC, get left out, and it’s what we deserve.

Im not sure why folks on here dont seem to understand that just because SU "screwed themselves", doesnt mean that this wasnt a horribly bad draw. I'd personally liked to have had a 2nd win and then have the chance for a signature win. Frank said theyre used to playing back to back days in AAU, and I have a feeling they'd have been in with a 2nd ACCT win regardless of who it was.

That said, let's hope the 8 point underdogs pull off the big upset against a very good team they dont match well against. It may seem very unlikely to many, but it certainly is possible, and much bigger upsets have happened! JB is a legend, and we know he's capable of getting it done, especially if our guys can actually hit their threes! LGO

Im not sure why folks on here dont seem to understand that just because SU "screwed themselves", doesnt mean that this wasnt a horribly bad draw. I'd personally liked to have had a 2nd win and then have the chance for a signature win. Frank said theyre used to playing back to back days in AAU, and I have a feeling they'd have been in with a 2nd ACCT win regardless of who it was.

That said, let's hope the 8 point underdogs pull off the big upset against a very good team they dont match well against. It may seem very unlikely to many, but it certainly is possible, and much bigger upsets have happened! JB is a legend, and we know he's capable of getting it done, especially if our guys can actually hit their threes! LGO

Exactly. It was really unlucky, despite how mediocre our season was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom