We Shoot Poorly | Syracusefan.com

We Shoot Poorly

iommi

Living Legend
When we're off, we're waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy off. A bad shooting night is more like a disastrous shooting night. MCW's shot is flat as a pancake. James can't hit the broad side of a barn tonight. Good news is we're only down 3 and they were lights out for the first 15 minutes or so, especially from three.

James better start making shots. Hate it when he is ice cold.

It's frustrating. He needs to make one and draw them out. It wouldn't hurt him to use a shot fake now and again.

Hopefully he uses his ice cold in games like this, where we still have a shot to win. If he shoots like this vs. Ville or ND, we're in serious trouble. This game is still very winnable.

1. only three shooters in the halfcourt that half. Fair, Southerland and MCW(who was more outside then driving).
2. AGainst the zone MCW isn't driving and triche isn't finding shots.
3. Defense was pretty good but Providence drained everything. They are 6-9 from three we are something like 1-10.
4. Loose balls out of bounce 10-1 in Providences favor I am sure that the refs were Fair on those.

Not bad shots just not going in.

And they're on fire and its still only a 3 point game, gotta like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they're on fire and its still only a 3 point game, gotta like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did cool off down the stretch of the half. Our interior d sucked for the first 15 minutes too. They were killing us with the high/ low dump down to the baseline.

james has too many games like this, needs to be more consistent. but at this point in his career i dont see it happening.

One thing I know, this team would lose to both last year's team and our 2010 team.

Good thing this is a wide-open year with no true standout teams.

Cheers,
Neil

Tale of two halves. Next 20 minutes Cuse is hot and they're not = 15 pt. win.

One thing I know, this team would lose to both last year's team and our 2010 team.

Good thing this is a wide-open year with no true standout teams.

Cheers,
Neil
yeah, cuz neither of those teams had stretches of bad shooting. none of those games last year were grinders, were they?

Have you noticed 90% of the misses from outside have been short. No legs? No rhythm? No confidence?

james has too many games like this, needs to be more consistent. but at this point in his career i dont see it happening.
He is what he is.

I wonder to what level his terrible jump shot scares off NBA teams in the middle of the first round... its not like MCW just needs a tweak here or a tweak there. He just has a terrible shot. Poor form, bad body angles. Looks like a kid who developed bad habits being the most talented kid when he was younger.

why is james keep chucking these deep contested 3s????? its 1 thing if hes just missing good shots, but these are awful. triche just took a deep contested 3 early in shot clock. What!!!!!

I wonder to what level his terrible jump shot scares off NBA teams in the middle of the first round... its not like MCW just needs a tweak here or a tweak there. He just has a terrible shot. Poor form, bad body angles. Looks like a kid who developed bad habits being the most talented kid when he was younger.
You're kidding right?

I think it's now a clear pattern: we are not a good shooting team.

Did we really only miss one free throw the entire game? The one where CJ 'double-clutched' it?

I thought, at the onset of the season, that this would be one of our best FT-shooting teams. Rak and DC have better touch there than we're used to seeing at that position... But, no - we've been pretty bad. I think the announcer said 62%. Being hot from the line tonight saved this game.

No...his jump shot is broken. He won't be able to get to the rim at will at the next level. He will have to make shots.
I want you to explain to me in detail how is jump shot is broken. I mean that literally. I don't take this board all that seriously, but this could be the king of stupid posts. I will pull up video to compare his form to other great shooters that you personally list, as well as video of really "broken" form if I have to.

yeah, cuz neither of those teams had stretches of bad shooting. none of those games last year were grinders, were they?
Pearl come on. those two teams were great. This team, right now isn't. Could be down the orad but right now, I would bet you anything you would want to bet in a game between either the 2010 or the 2012 team against this one.

I want you to explain to me in detail how is jump shot is broken. I mean that literally. I don't take this board all that seriously, but this could be the king of stupid posts. I will pull up video to compare his form to other great shooters that you personally list, as well as video of really "broken" form if I have to.

I watch every game twice, don't need to see more video. His long range shot is all over the map and generally flat. Luckily for him, he does everything else at a high level.

I watch every game twice, don't need to see more video. His long range shot is all over the map and generally flat. Luckily for him, he does everything else at a high level.
His shot "is generally flat" seems like a bit of a step back from "its not like MCW just needs a tweak here or a tweak there. He just has a terrible shot. Poor form, bad body angles," doesn't it. I am asking you, since you have made the commitment to say his shot is terrible and has poor form, to break it down mechanically for me and prove it. Good luck.