We Shoot Poorly | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We Shoot Poorly

It's frustrating. He needs to make one and draw them out. It wouldn't hurt him to use a shot fake now and again.

No kidding. He just chucks them even if he his way off balance. We are going to be in plenty of ugly nail biters the rest of the season because of lack of consistent outside shooting.

No kidding. He just chucks them even if he his way off balance. We are going to be in plenty of ugly nail biters the rest of the season because of lack of consistent outside shooting.

You and iommi hit the nail on the head, we are not a very good shooting team. Fortunately we have other qualities like: We rebound better than any SU team I can remember in the last 10 years or more, we are pretty very good on defense, we handle the ball pretty good too, very few turnovers (only 8 tonight). To start the season, most people were not concerned about our shooting (hence the high expectations) but it is what is preventing us from being one of the top 2-3 teams in the country.

You and iommi hit the nail on the head, we are not a very good shooting team. Fortunately we have other qualities like: We rebound better than any SU team I can remember in the last 10 years or more, we are pretty very good on defense, we handle the ball pretty good too, very few turnovers (only 8 tonight). To start the season, most people were not concerned about our shooting (hence the high expectations) but it is what is preventing us from being one of the top 2-3 teams in the country.

Some people thought James would actually become consistent and that Cooney would be a big help off the bench with some sharp-shooting. So much for that.

One thing I know, this team would lose to both last year's team and our 2010 team.

Good thing this is a wide-open year with no true standout teams.

Cheers,
Neil
Not this again

Some people thought James would actually become consistent and that Cooney would be a big help off the bench with some sharp-shooting. So much for that.
In due time.

His shot "is generally flat" seems like a bit of a step back from "its not like MCW just needs a tweak here or a tweak there. He just has a terrible shot. Poor form, bad body angles," doesn't it. I am asking you, since you have made the commitment to say his shot is terrible and has poor form, to break it down mechanically for me and prove it. Good luck.

I just emailed you some video breakdown i did at the park. I played the role of mcw. My neighbor Al plays the part of BT passing me the ball for shots.

These guys are getting open, they just have to seal the deal. Once they do this we will be even better, this ain't rocket science. And yes Cooney would be playing more if he could shoot better, which he is more than capable.

In due time.

I wish we had more time. James is streaky and Cooney isn't magically going to turn into some sniper off the bench. Sucks. If our forwards could handle the ball a little better it could help things out. We won't lose many games but we will be in plenty of ugly/tight ones. This is probably a Sweet 16 team to me.

I wish we had more time. James is streaky and Cooney isn't magically going to turn into some sniper off the bench. Sucks. If our forwards could handle the ball a little better it could help things out. We won't lose many games but we will be in plenty of ugly/tight ones. This is probably a Sweet 16 team to me.
Just relax. They can shoot.

Poor shooting or not, there was no reason to force like that. With Fair and Christmas scoring almost at will, Syracuse should not have taken 11 threes in the first half. Go with what's working.

Just relax. They can shoot.

We shall see. Every scouting report in the country and opposing teams will play us like we can't. Gotta prove them wrong.

We shall see. Every scouting report in the country and opposing teams will play us like we can't. Gotta prove them wrong.
I don't know what more to tell you, shooting comes and goes. Rebounding > shooting all day. 3's are fools gold against our defense especially this year. I'd rather continue to do what we do well, the shooting will pick up.

I just emailed you some video breakdown i did at the park. I played the role of mcw. My neighbor Al plays the part of BT passing me the ball for shots am clearly unable to defend my idiotic assertions about "terrible" jump shots.
"
fixed

Michigan at home tonight against a terrible Nebraska team: 3 for 17 from three and 39% shooting overall.
Shhhh. Don't let facts or stats get into the way.

nobody wants to rely on a weapon that jams 80% of the time. charging bear.click. charging bear.click.charging bear...