We still need a QB this class, right? Not any more. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We still need a QB this class, right? Not any more.

No idea what Baldwin’s deal is but Lance Legrende has upcoming visits to Tennessee 1/18 and FSU 1/25. The staff has their work cut out for them but imo big time selling point right now is you basically step into #2 and could be a multi year starter after DeVito. Not many places can offer that incentive.
Martin is following Baldwin and Baldwin is following Martin.

No idea what Baldwin’s deal is but Lance Legrende has upcoming visits to Tennessee 1/18 and FSU 1/25. The staff has their work cut out for them but imo big time selling point right now is you basically step into #2 and could be a multi year starter after DeVito. Not many places can offer that incentive.
agree

While I agree with you Whitey, it's hard to do. Kids want to play and so many teams are always looking for you to start thus having TD many won't be interested in being QB2 fro 3 years. I'm very very curious to know what Babers looks at in HS QB's and what is said regarding this.
Somehow the teams we see in the top 25 every year manage to pull it off.

Watched Baldwins highlights. He can sling it and run...shows some escapability as well. Would love to see this young man make a visit up here.

Yeah, one of the ways we'll know that we've really entered into a different tier will be when we can snag high level QB prospects every year, and occasionally multiple QBs in the same class.

Yeah, one of the ways we'll know that we've really entered into a different tier will be when we can snag high level QB prospects every year, and occasionally multiple QBs in the same class.
Another will be when we fully repossess the orange fruit emoji as ours. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten my hopes up for a prospect only to realize it is annoying Tennessee that they are talking about.

Last edited:

I think it's harder for schools like SU when they have a young starter like TD to do that and I hope you're right that they will be able to have that depth.

I also wonder when Dino knew about Amiee leaving or struggling with classes/homesickness or whatever the case? It's hard to build that relationship in recruiting for QB's since about every school goes after the quality ones hard.

I think it's harder for schools like SU when they have a young starter like TD to do that and I hope you're right that they will be able to have that depth.

I also wonder when Dino knew about Amiee leaving or struggling with classes/homesickness or whatever the case? It's hard to build that relationship in recruiting for QB's since about every school goes after the quality ones hard.
I think they had an idea for awhile with Chance.

I would think Syracuse would be a very attractive option to any of the big name QB's left on the board. You have a program on the upswing that has been getting national attention and a QB room that is almost completely empty. Sure there is Devito, who we are all well aware of, but from someone looking from the outside you see literally 1 other QB who would be your competition. This is an ideal situation for the recruit and an easy selling point for the staff. The names being thrown around so far are all very good options. I would be ecstatic with any of them. Mostly it sets us up nicely to go after a monster for 2020. Van Dyke looks like the early target, but imo we could get a bigger name.

I would think Syracuse would be a very attractive option to any of the big name QB's left on the board. You have a program on the upswing that has been getting national attention and a QB room that is almost completely empty. Sure there is Devito, who we are all well aware of, but from someone looking from the outside you see literally 1 other QB who would be your competition. This is an ideal situation for the recruit and an easy selling point for the staff. The names being thrown around so far are all very good options. I would be ecstatic with any of them. Mostly it sets us up nicely to go after a monster for 2020. Van Dyke looks like the early target, but imo we could get a bigger name.

Agree 100% about how this sets up for 2020.

Especially now that we've had success.

Who?

If anything has been shown , if your goal is to win a NT or go pro it only takes 1 solid yr. With the new rule you can come RS/play 4 games. TD becomes a JR in 202, if he knocks it out of the park he could play 1 more yr and you are the man in 2020.. who knows.

clemson has QBs and thy have the guys for 2 more yrs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom