We were out rebounded and committed more turnovers | Syracusefan.com

We were out rebounded and committed more turnovers

Not too good to be out rebounded to a guard oriented team. Street ball or not.
I'm not sure you can take anything from this game. SDSU had 18 offensive rebounds. Not too uncommon when a team misses 17 3-pt shots. It was just an odd game but they were still a top 20 opponent.

san diego st is a very good rebounding team for a smaller team

SDSU slapped the sheeiite out of SU & got away with obvious holding all over the court. Had the refs made half those calls, this would've been 20+ & running away.

According to syracuse.com stats we actually outrebounded them by 1 (45-44) but I agree that it definitely felt like we got outrebounded badly due to so many offensive boards they were getting (20-10 offensive boards in favor of them).

According to syracuse.com stats we actually outrebounded them by 1 (45-44) but I agree that it definitely felt like we got outrebounded badly due to so many offensive boards they were getting (20-10 offensive boards in favor of them).
when they get back a blocked shot, its an offensive rebound, so the stat is skewed.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

The box score is certainly very strange. We had 18 TOs and only 9 assists, got crushed on the offensive glass, were more than doubled up in free-throw attempts, and shot 25% from three. Yet we were in total and complete control of the game for 39 minutes and won handily. Odd to say the least.

My main take aways are that I want to see MCW a tad bit more under control, Triche is a stud who stepped up every single time SDSU made any kind of threat to get back in the game, and Coleman needs to DUNK THE BALL, he has been a terrible finisher in all 3 games so far.

...but, but, but 'Cuse won. Yes rebounding was not as good as I thought it may be...and we got called for lots of fouls while SDSU did not...aside from that...hey it was a bball game on a carrier...and will not count as a home win against a top 20 team!

SU was in control for almost the entire game against a good team and was never seriously threatened. That's good enough for me, especially considering the unusual playing conditions.

As others have said, we more or less baited them into jacking threes and they obliged. Rebounds were bouncing all over the place. I'm not worried.

Had SDSU converted a few more free throws from that atrocious percentage, it would've made the game a lot more interesting. And, to see how we may have executed with real game pressure on.

san diego st is a very good rebounding team for a smaller team
One of the better defensive teams we will face. What I can take away from this game is that we were able to alter our game plan (just pound the ball inside) and win by double digits against a team that was athletic and had a good defense. Also, I didn't see that player on SDSU that Seth Davis said was the best on the floor prior to the game. Air craft carrier game or not, he dropped the ball on that one.

One of the better defensive teams we will face. What I can take away from this game is that we were able to alter our game plan (just pound the ball inside) and win by double digits against a team that was athletic and had a good defense. Also, I didn't see that player on SDSU that Seth Davis said was the best on the floor prior to the game. Air craft carrier game or not, he dropped the ball on that one.

I assume he was pumping up Franklin. Honestly, I think the kid got "big boyed" in a way. He seemed visibly shaken by Syracuse's athleticism and sheer power. Half his airtime during the game was him picking himself up off the floor. When he was vertical, he didn't have a size or athletic advantage on anyone. To be honest it reminds me of exactly what we did to James Harden. These guys from out west are not accustomed AT ALL to an east coast style with the type of players we roll out there.

I assume he was pumping up Franklin. Honestly, I think the kid got "big boyed" in a way. He seemed visibly shaken by Syracuse's athleticism and sheer power. Half his airtime during the game was him picking himself up off the floor. When he was vertical, he didn't have a size or athletic advantage on anyone. To be honest it reminds me of exactly what we did to James Harden. These guys from out west are not accustomed AT ALL to an east coast style with the type of players we roll out there.
Harden was either sick or banged up that game, had more to do with that than us.

SU was in control for almost the entire game against a good team and was never seriously threatened. That's good enough for me, especially considering the unusual playing conditions.
You have low expectations and thats ok.

You have low expectations and thats ok.

Being satisfied with a dominating win over a top 20 team means I have low expectations? Exactly what were your expectations?

Being satisfied with a dominating win over a top 20 team means I have low expectations? Exactly what were your expectations?
They had no low post presence and them being a top 20 team is still to be determined.

They had no low post presence and them being a top 20 team is still to be determined.
SU's future low post presence spent most of the game on the bench. Were you expecting to see them coninually dump it down to Keita and Rak in a game JB was coaching to win? There will be plenty of opportunities to develop Coleman's (and Rak's) low post offense in the pre-conference games.

And SDSU may not end up being a top 20 team, but they'll likely be an NCAAT team and they're not Colgate.

SU's future low post presence spent most of the game on the bench. Were you expecting to see them coninually dump it down to Keita and Rak in a game JB was coaching to win? There will be plenty of opportunities to develop Coleman's (and Rak's) low post offense in the pre-conference games.

And SDSU may not end up being a top 20 team, but they'll likely be an NCAAT team and they're not Colgate.

The nature of where the game was played is the determining factor onstrategy before and during the game. It was a win and thats all that counts for this particular game.;)

According to poppy's poll, the refs favored SDSt, so...the rebound totals don't mean anything.

They had no low post presence , what do our bigs have to do with there lack of. You took the time to write a post and came up that lol.

Doesn't a blocked shot that the offense gets back also counts as a rebound? If so, we had 10 blocks. I bet they got back 5-6 of those blocks.

Doesn't a blocked shot that the offense gets back also counts as a rebound? If so, we had 10 blocks. I bet they got back 5-6 of those blocks.
Ya it was a swat fest against a smaller team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom