we will beat pitt | Syracusefan.com

we will beat pitt

IHeartSUFball

All Conference
yes, I understand we have lost 4 in a row. everyweek is a clean slate however and in the middling big east anything can happen.

*ATTACK TINO...if you have watched pitt games at all this year tino pocket presence makes nassib look like tom brady. this kid get scared rolls around and either throw an int or take a sack for 10 yds. If we are this attacking style defense now is the time to seek and destroy.

*Feed Provo...yess most teams have figured out how to shut down provo last few weeks but if we can get him going and pick up a few first downs atleast that will help nassib settle in and get provo going.

*SCORE FIRST...can we score the first touchdown? be nice to get the ball and score on the first drive, we have tried that last few games and has not worked.

*TOUGHER UP THE GUT...what the hell has gone on with the middle of or defense...their softer then sherbert on a july afternoon. it was embarrassing to see pead get a screen to short pas through the middle and take it 60 yards.

Its going to take a perfect game either way, but I am still holding out hope that someway somehow we pull an @BC a few years back and someone plays the role of diamond ferri.

yawn... Pitt 35 SU 7
Why? Because Pitt is such an over-achieving, cohesive, smooth-running machine? If you were a Pitt fan you'd be just as upset as you are now. This game is up for grabs to whomever can get their butts in gear and go get it.

who ever comes out "less flat" wins the game..i cant make anymore predictions, it hurts too much..lol

IF we do...

Get ready for post after post saying we should turn down a bowl because "we don't deserve it."

emot-suicide.gif

IF we do...

Get ready for post after post saying we should turn down a bowl because "we don't deserve it."

View attachment 239
if we win..i think we deserve a bowl.. but right now we couldnt even beat a FCS team right now...so i wouldnt lose sleep over this one!

In all honesty, when is the last time we beat Pitt? I don't remember.

yes, I understand we have lost 4 in a row. everyweek is a clean slate however and in the middling big east anything can happen.

*ATTACK TINO...if you have watched pitt games at all this year tino pocket presence makes nassib look like tom brady. this kid get scared rolls around and either throw an int or take a sack for 10 yds. If we are this attacking style defense now is the time to seek and destroy.

*Feed Provo...yess most teams have figured out how to shut down provo last few weeks but if we can get him going and pick up a few first downs atleast that will help nassib settle in and get provo going.

*SCORE FIRST...can we score the first touchdown? be nice to get the ball and score on the first drive, we have tried that last few games and has not worked.

*TOUGHER UP THE GUT...what the hell has gone on with the middle of or defense...their softer then sherbert on a july afternoon. it was embarrassing to see pead get a screen to short pas through the middle and take it 60 yards.

Its going to take a perfect game either way, but I am still holding out hope that someway somehow we pull an @BC a few years back and someone plays the role of diamond ferri.
sure, just look at USF, they lost 4 straight BE games and then beat the crap out of SU on the road - then they started losing again.

never mind - now I'm even more convinced that SU will get thoroughly beaten this week and not even put up much of a fight. Oh Lord

I just don't think Marrone will be able to get the players up for this game.

Oh yeah, and that execution thing.

I don't think we can score a TD on our first series. Someone will surely drop a wide open pass on the first 3rd down (likely the 3rd play), which has happened in just about every game I can remember this season.

If WVU beats USF (90/10), and Cincy beats UConn (75/25 at Cincy), and we beat Pitt (5/95), we would get one of the Big East's bowl bids. There are 6 bids, ND takes 1. 5 eligible Big East teams.

We would play a CUSA team. Either St. Pete or Birmingham. Looks like SEC doesn't have enough eligible teams to put one in Birmingham. Sucks, if we do win, I will have wished Tennessee had defeated Kentucky so we could play someone interesting in name at least.

Which means we should at least not have to worry about being blown out in a bowl. But even a close loss to a CUSA is pretty embarassing, with dozens on hand to watch.

Then again, this all depends on us beating Pitt, who, if not for a double overtime thriller, would be riding a 9 game winning streak against us. Instead it's only 6. Sigh.

The only way this game is even close is if we somehow miraculously score a TD on our first two possessions which has about as much chance happening as 40K Pitt fans showing up for the game.

The only way this game is even close is if we somehow miraculously score a TD on our first two possessions which has about as much chance happening as 40K Pitt fans showing up for the game.

Maybe it'll snow and we can run flea flickers all game?

LOL sorry I dont even see this being close, its clear this team has packed it in for the year and Marrone has lost them. The fact we just got blown out by Cincy's third string QB tells me all I need to know. Its over Johnny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom