We won 27-23 after the first 1:59 | Syracusefan.com

We won 27-23 after the first 1:59

Coaching really screwed up that first 1:59, clearly.

HoustonCuse said:
Coaching really screwed up that first 1:59, clearly.

There are no coaches. Just players. Some adults get special passes to stand on the sideline.

How do you blame a bad hand off on the coaches? How do you even blame the players that much? They made a mistake but mistakes happen.

How do you blame a bad hand off on the coaches? How do you even blame the players that much? They made a mistake but mistakes happen.
That's on no one, it happens

The first series was bad, defensively

This place is becoming toxic. You bring up a positive, people will degrade your thinking and find any way to spin it in the other direction. You bring up a negative and you've got a 10-page thread going in every which way.

Anywho, I agree -- the team settled in a bit after those two minutes. I think SU just gave someone in the CFP a new fold in beating Clemson.

This team is just so confusing. If I only watched this Clemson game and didn't watch any others all season, I think most people would have said to themselves "yeah we're probably 5-4 or 6-3 overall."

This team is just so confusing. If I only watched this Clemson game and didn't watch any others all season, I think most people would have said to themselves "yeah we're probably 5-4 or 6-3 overall."
There's been a little Jekyll and Hyde, but, mainly just Hyde for Louisville and a quarter of So. Fla., who ended up being better than people thought they would. Young teams are typically sporadic, if they start being able to put that type of effort and play together consistently, they'll find more success. Frustrating for sure though.

Great response by the team after the horrible start. The fans showed up too. It felt loud in the 3rd quarter.

I agree, although I think if you're playing this game, you'd have to note that Clemson ended the game with basically a 1st-and-goal. None of it matters too much in the end, but if you're cherry picking, you can't lop off the fact that they were kneeling the ball at our 11 yard line.

If we win the next two Shafer holds onto his job, I'd bet.

Not sure if I agree, but it's worth noting that we haven't beaten two P5 schools in successive weeks since UMD/Wake in 2013. (Technically you could count BC/Minn -- but a bowl game is a different animal with weeks to prepare).

I agree, although I think if you're playing this game, you'd have to note that Clemson ended the game with basically a 1st-and-goal. None of it matters too much in the end, but if you're cherry picking, you can't lop off the fact that they were kneeling the ball at our 11 yard line.
My point is that other than a horrid first two minutes, we competed with Clemson. The dome was rocking at times because we were in the game until the last drive. That drive could have been the gamewinner for Clemson if we didn't stake them to a 2-touchdown lead to start the game, but that's a could have. My main point is that we were competitive with a superior team and it felt good to cheer when it meant something. Really enjoyed the game and am hoarse today to prove it. Great day...

orangenauburn said:
Yea It's called game prep Deep toss at our weakness set up score one

What did we do wrong on that play? I give credit to Clemson. They went deep on play 1 and it was a perfectly placed ball. What could have the coaches done on that play to prep for it? I didn't see anyone out of position or confusion or lack of effort. Sometimes you just have to credit the other team.

Shenexon said:
My point is that other than a horrid first two minutes, we competed with Clemson. The dome was rocking at times because we were in the game until the last drive. That drive could have been the gamewinner for Clemson if we didn't stake them to a 2-touchdown lead to start the game, but that's a could have. My main point is that we were competitive with a superior team and it felt good to cheer when it meant something. Really enjoyed the game and am hoarse today to prove it. Great day...

That game was great fun.

What did we do wrong on that play? I give credit to Clemson. They went deep on play 1 and it was a perfectly placed ball. What could have the coaches done on that play to prep for it? I didn't see anyone out of position or confusion or lack of effort. Sometimes you just have to credit the other team.

Flawless execution. Hard to stop that from the field or sideline.

You assume I'm talking about our staff

Game prep ... Clemson knew our weakness and took a shot at our weakness, successfully.

That game was great fun.
I think my favorite play was the pass by Dixon. I'm glad we got the penalty flag because the pass was going nowhere, but I was hoping he'd throw at some point...

Our secondary played the best I've seen them in the 2nd half. Those guys where buzzing all over the place and we all fired up. It was great to see.
Really incredible considering the size mismatches on the outside that were so blatantly obvious.

If we win the next two Shafer holds onto his job, I'd bet.

I think the decision has already been made regardless of the last two games. Stay or go I think Coyle has already made a decision.

Good point. IIRC, wasn't LSU driving and on our 20 or 30 as the game ended? Our D was gassed at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom