Weak or strong BE | Syracusefan.com

Weak or strong BE

SBU72

All Conference
Do the last couple of weeks in the BE point to a weaker or stronger conference. Just a week ago it was possible for SU to end up in a tie for the regular season title, losing it by virtue of a lose to ND. Now the worse that SU can do is win it by 2 games! ND has lost 2 in a row. Marquette lost last night. Georgetown lost to SH. Loiuseville and WVU have lost 3 of their last 5. Cinnci and USF have lost recently. So is the BE up or down? I cluld really see the BE getting only 7 in the tourny unless some school really step it up next week.

The bubble is so horrible, I could actually see 9 Big East teams in the dance. The conference is definitely down this year, but still probably at worse, the third best conference overall.

Cheers,
Neil

I think the BE is pretty crappy this year, but then again the overall quality of college hoops is dreadful as well. Might as well capitalize on it!

there are a bunch of decent teams. there is 1 great team

overall, its the worst this conf has been since probably 2003.

I think the BE is pretty crappy this year, but then again the overall quality of college hoops is dreadful as well. Might as well capitalize on it!

i dont know... there are a lot of really good teams nationally. and more talent in college than there has been in 2-3 years.

The bubble is so horrible, I could actually see 9 Big East teams in the dance. The conference is definitely down this year, but still probably at worse, the third best conference overall.

Cheers,
Neil
3rd? I'd give you the Big10. What other conference is better than the Big East besides B10?

The Big East is weak this year. In a normal year for the BE this Cuse team would have 3-4 losses.

3rd? I'd give you the Big10. What other conference is better than the Big East besides B10?

Some sites have the Big 12 as the second best conference, which is why I said "at worse" 3rd.

Cheers,
Neil

Some sites have the Big 12 as the second best conference, which is why I said "at worse" 3rd.

Cheers,
Neil
Oops you're right, my bad. I thought of the ACC, SEC and Pac12 right away; somehow the Big 12 slipped my mind.

big east will get at least 7 teams, probably 9

Cheers,
Neil

IMO the B12 is by far the best. The B1G is vastly overrated this year. I think the BE is better than the B1G. Right now the B1G looks like they will get 6 of 12 teams. The BE should get 9 (over 50%) and the B12 likely gets 6 of 10. Not to mention that KU, Mizzou, and Baylor can all make a FF.

BE isn't nearly as top heavy this year but the bottom teams are far better than most years as well.

Even if the Big East gets 10 teams, it is not that close to last year.

The average seed of the 2011 teams will be much better then the average seed of the 2012 teams.

Oops you're right, my bad. I thought of the ACC, SEC and Pac12 right away; somehow the Big 12 slipped my mind.

It slips most peoples' minds...

Weak compared to what? Last year was an exceptional year in the Big East. So it's down a little from last year no doubt. But it is by no means weak this year. The Big 12 has 3 very strong top 10 teams but the rest of the conference isn't real good and the bottom is flat awful. The B1G has fallen off a lot since early in the year. Sparty, OSU, and Michigan are good, Indiana is up at home down on the road. The rest are pretty mediocre. The Big East is just as good maybe better.

WEAK-you call up to 10 teams in Dance WEAK???? REALLY, REALLY, really...the Big East conference is not weak...it is in the Top 3 or 2 in country this year. So maybe bball overall is down...but BE Conference is not down...VS. the rest of America!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom