Wednesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Wednesday Articles

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
I am temporarily filling in for OE as he recovers from surgery. Get well soon Dan.

Recruiting

BqXToFcIgAAiOgb.jpg:large

Boom! OL Andrejas Duerig Verbals to Syracuse (PS; Bailey)

Four days after landing 6-foot-6, 300-pound offensive lineman Evan Adams, Syracuse likely locked up the last of its offensive linemen in the 2015 recruiting class on Tuesday afternoon.

Mount Carmel (Chicago, Ill.) High School offensive lineman Andrejas Duerig verbally committed to the Orange, according to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site.. The 6-foot-4, 272-pound recruit chose Syracuse over offers from Western Michigan, Toledo, Illinois State, Florida Atlantic and Buffalo, according to At their request, this network is being blocked from this site..

J4HR_bar_7_31_sportstop03.jpg

Isaiah Ross (44)

NJ Safety Isaiah Ross Will Visit SU Next Week in Search of an Offer (PS; Bailey)

Piscataway (N.J.) Township High School safety Isaiah Ross will visit and camp at Syracuse next Wednesday, in hopes of attaining an offer from his top-choice school.

Currently the 6-foot-1, 181-pound Ross has no offers, but expects one to come after the visit if all goes well.

"I believe it'll come when I visit," Ross said. "Coach (Bobby) Acosta said that they like me a lot up there, they just want to see how I move. I believe I'll bring home an offer."

Ross visited Pittsburgh last weekend and will go to Rutgers on Saturday and Maryland on Sunday, so it's possible that he could see a couple more offers come in.

15131360-mmmain.jpg

NY DL Austrian Robinson Update (nj.com; Hunt)

Austrian Robinson, a 6-3, 270-pound defensive lineman from Trinity-Pawling(N.Y.), visited the Rutgers campus Friday, accompanied by his mother, and got to see a different side of one of the programs he's considering playing for at the next level.

"It went good, I went to the school and got to see everything," said Robinson, the junior. "I was with my mom, so we looked more at the academic side of things, saw the buildings, the dorms and the overall campus."

Struggling Rutgers Takes Verbal From Unknown DL (nj.com; Hunt)

When news broke Monday regarding the Rutgers football program receiving a commitment from largely unknown Philadelphia-based Manny Taylor, a 6-6, 270-pound two-sport standout from Roman Catholic, most Rutgers fans were left with more questions than answers.

Former Players

Marvin Harrison Says He Had Nothing to Do with Shooting Incident (PS; Mink)

Marvin Harrison defended his role in helping a man in dangerover the weekend in Philadelphia and said he is bothered the incident has led to negative attention.

The former Syracuse and Indianapolis Colts wide receiver told the Indianapolis Star that he was "just driving, minding my own business" and he had "nothing to do" with the circumstances surrounding the bizarre event.

"I was getting negative phone calls and I didn't know what anyone was talking about," he said. "The only thing I can tell you is when these negative reports came out on Sunday, the first thing that came to my mind is the next time something like this happens, I'll just put my head down and keep on going," Harrison told the Star.

SU News

Golden Nugget Lines Give Insights Into ACC Football Season (bcinterruption.com; Favat)

With the release of the Golden Nugget's 200 "games of the year," we draw ever closer to the start of the college football season. Over the weekend, New Guy took a look at the early lines specific to Boston College. But what can these early lines tell us about the 2014 ACC season?

Wanna Bet? Early Lines Out for SU Games Against Notre Dame, Florida State and Louisville (PS; Mink)

The college football season is still a couple of months away, but the early betting lines for three Syracuse football games have surfaced.

Golden Nugget has released early point spreads for a cluster of "marquee college football games," and Syracuse is not favored in any of them.

Notre Dame (-5.5) vs. Syracuse (MetLife Stadium); Sept. 27

Louisville (-1) at Syracuse; Oct. 3

Florida State (-21) at Syracuse; Oct. 11