Week 3 Orangeshirt Watch | Syracusefan.com

Week 3 Orangeshirt Watch

LeMoyneCuse

All American
As the season goes on, I'm keeping track of appearances for redshirt-eligible players. Encouraged by the board, I'm calling them Orangeshirts. Here's the list.

3 Appearances:

Wallace (Specials)
Trill
Cisco

2 Appearances:

Harris
Howard

1 Appearance:

Vettorello

Also, I'd like to point out that neither Perkins nor Fagan have made an appearance this year. Perkins will graduate this year, but I wonder if they're redshirting Fagan.

As the season goes on, I'm keeping track of appearances for redshirt-eligible players. Encouraged by the board, I'm calling them Orangeshirts. Here's the list.

3 Appearances:

Wallace (Specials)
Trill
Cisco

2 Appearances:

Harris
Howard

1 Appearance:

Vettorello

Also, I'd like to point out that neither Perkins nor Fagan have made an appearance this year. Perkins will graduate this year, but I wonder if they're redshirting Fagan.
I'd feel good about redshirting Fagan.

Not wild about Wallace only playing on specials, but it is what it is.

I wonder then if they’re doing Perkins a solid so he can grad transfer and play out his last year as a full time starter somewhere.

Fagan redshirting would be smart. He wasn’t getting in at LB so there’s no sense just burning the kid on specials. I still think he can be a good one. Just skinny.

Last edited:

3 Appearances:

Wallace (Specials)
Trill
Cisco

2 Appearances:

Harris
Howard

1 Appearance:

Vettorello

Wallace unless he is playing on defense should redshirt and Fagan should have shirted last year. I have heard having a slower time picking up defense but a really good athlete. Wallace needs to be bigger, well both do.

Surprised to see absolutely no mention of Hendrix or Q. White. They were two of our prized recruits and I don't believe they'd even suited up.

And I believe Hendrix is nursing a knee injury. So, he may be a redshirt.

Both of these things.

OLine guys almost never play as true Frosh.
And we (for once!) actually have quality, experiences depth there this year, so it would be pointless to play Q.

Hendrix has an “owie” with his knee.
Better to get him back to 100% than play him when we may not even need to, and he may also be too far behind to make an impact this year.
Which sucks, because we could certainly us a man of his talents.

Wallace unless he is playing on defense should redshirt and Fagan should have shirted last year. I have heard having a slower time picking up defense but a really good athlete. Wallace needs to be bigger, well both do.

What Babers could do is rotate them on special teams...Wallace the first 4 games, Fagan the next 4 games and another freshman for 4 games.

Redshirting OL/DL is critical as you build a program. It’s nice to RS as many Fr as you can, but those positions are the most important IMO.

This is a sign of strength. We are doing much better up front than in the past 5 years or so on both sides of the ball.

If Wallace is making us a better football team by his play on specials, then keep playing him.

Same with Howard’s impact on the offense, even if it’s just being 2nd half guy. We’re going to have a lot of close games.

Priority list:

1. Win now
2. Win in the future

I'm thinking some promises were made to Fagan and now he sees the light. But the flip side is playing athletic talents like him on specials is why our specials have taken a leap forward. ie Wallace this year.

These dudes are huge. The future looks very bright.

IMG_20180915_113305044.jpg

I'm thinking some promises were made to Fagan and now he sees the light. But the flip side is playing athletic talents like him on specials is why our specials have taken a leap forward. ie Wallace this year.
I just figure we have someone his size with almost his speed without using a shirt. Maybe your right. Just trying to save what we have for as long as we can.

Yeah. I'm scratching my head on this one and not understanding why he has not seen many more balls thrown his way

Excited Hendrix and Queeley have an opportunith to redshirt. Very, very talented guys.