Weekend Observations | Syracusefan.com

Weekend Observations

wfschrec

Minister Of Defense
5 of the top 11 lost, 4 to unranked teams including #1 Alabama. Anyone can be beaten and any game is winnable. Miami should’ve lost to Cal and got lucky, SMU looked mighty good and has a soft schedule and could literally be playing in the ACC title game.

The big common denominator was QB play in these games and we have one of the finest in the land which is why I feel any of our remaining games are winnable. My hope is the Stanford game was the one “bad” game McCord has this year and remains the outlier.

Buckle up folks we are in for one hell of a ride … LFG!!!

Miami didn’t get lucky. The refs swallowed a targeting call late that would’ve been the difference.

5 of the top 11 lost, 4 to unranked teams including #1 Alabama. Anyone can be beaten and any game is winnable. Miami should’ve lost to Cal and got lucky, SMU looked mighty good and has a soft schedule and could literally be playing in the ACC title game.

The big common denominator was QB play in these games and we have one of the finest in the land which is why I feel any of our remaining games are winnable. My hope is the Stanford game was the one “bad” game McCord has this year and remains the outlier.

Buckle up folks we are in for one hell of a ride … LFG!!!
The Miami win is good for us. If we are fortunate enough to win out, they need to be highly ranked. With the Acc scheduling, among Cuse, Miami, Clemson and SMU, only Cuse plays Miami. No one else plays each other. And as you Said SMU looking good and Easy schedule. Same with Clemson. One of those needs to lose and we need to win out and beat Top 10 Miami. Very slim odds I know.

The Miami win is good for us. If we are fortunate enough to win out, they need to be highly ranked. With the Acc scheduling, among Cuse, Miami, Clemson and SMU, only Cuse plays Miami. No one else plays each other. And as you Said SMU looking good and Easy schedule. Same with Clemson. One of those needs to lose and we need to win out and beat Top 10 Miami. Very slim odds I know.
That's why we needed a Miami loss.

We want them with one conference L

Same with SMU.

That Stanford loss becomes more and more devastating the more we win.

If we lose to NC State this whole discussion is moot and we just need to get as many Wins as possible moving forward.

That's why we needed a Miami loss.

We want them with one conference L

Same with SMU.

That Stanford loss becomes more and more devastating the more we win.

If we lose to NC State this whole discussion is moot and we just need to get as many Wins as possible moving forward.
Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

You can find an easy path that SMU and Clemson and SU win out and we dont get to the ACC title game.
Virginia winning out would be better for us but then we still might not get to the ACC title game with all he 1 loss teams.

You can find an easy path that SMU and Clemson and SU win out and we dont get to the ACC title game.
Virginia winning out would be better for us but then we still might not get to the ACC title game with all he 1 loss teams.
So much of what happens down the standings would be critical to understand the one loss scenarios, way too early to even begin to hazard a guess.

Yep one game at a time. We have the talent we just have to execute. NC States season is in the toilet at this point and we gotta win that one. Then get two weeks to do everything to beat Pitt. If we can get to 6-1 and hopefully have worked out some of the kinks and gotten healthier then just gotta hit the home stretch hard.

Yep one game at a time. We have the talent we just have to execute. NC States season is in the toilet at this point and we gotta win that one. Then get two weeks to do everything to beat Pitt. If we can get to 6-1 and hopefully have worked out some of the kinks and gotten healthier then just gotta hit the home stretch hard.
The Pitt game is after a bye that is the main reason I worry, we never ever play well after a bye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom