Welch | Syracusefan.com

Welch

FloridaFan

2020 Cali Award Winner, Aka FloridaHam
Curious as to everyone’s opinion on his 1-2 drives. Obviously the talent differential is huge but I felt he did a fairly decent job moving the ball downfield. I don’t think Devito will miss any games but I don’t think we are doomed without him

Reactions: FAL
His passes don’t have the same zip on them that Tommy’s do, but he seemed to have pretty decent control of the O.

I LOVED that he tried to hurry up and do the patented quick Dungey TD sneak on 3rd and short, catch the D napping and pick up easy 1st downs.

There is nothing we can take from his performance vs. Holy Cross.
So getting the 2’s in there was pointless then for game reps

There is nothing we can take from his performance vs. Holy Cross.
I agree with you regarding the team performance and trying to gauge if units are headed in the right direction. I picked up a few things on individuals today though. Abdul Adams absolutely exploded through the hole for his touchdown. If he gets in space, he is gone. With this offensive line, good luck with that happening but if it does, look out. Jawhar Jordan runs hard inside. On that fourth down play, he hit the hole fast, broke a couple of tackles and was pushing the pile. Unfortunately he forgot to hold on to the ball. First action mistake but he is going to be good. Luke Benson is going to catch a lot of balls in this offense and his size and speed are going to create match up nightmares for the opposing defense. Matthew Bergeron is going to be a very good player for Syracuse and he and Cantin-Arku are two great reasons why we should recruit Canadian players. On defense, Juan Wallace, Brandon Berry, Carl Jones, Mikel Jones, Curtis Harper and Kingsley Jonathan had good games. This team is very much a work in progress where unfortunately some parts of it are not going to work. I sure hope I'm wrong.

we have only thrown for 4 TDs in a game about 15-20 times total so not surprising we havent done it back to back.. a couple better thrown balls and it would have been 6-7 today

So getting the 2’s in there was pointless then for game reps
What do getting 2's in have to do with anyhting. I said there was nothing you can take from his performance vs. Holy Cross.

When Welch came in, the offense kept the tempo up and may have actually picked the pace up a little bit. That was a good sign. I thought Welch looked confident.

Then conversely there is nothing we can take from TDs performance either.

I don't know about "nothing," but the reality is that when Welch came in the game it was mid 4Q and 41-3. So, the game's outcome had long been decided and was never in doubt. The fact is, there was little, if any at all "game pressure" on him. Had he come in in the 2Q, etc. or when the outcome was still in doubt, well now that would've been a horse of a different color, even with HC being the lowly opponent. Just my $.02.

I think HCDB feels that there are enough issues to be worked out by the O that it made sense to let those guys get as many reps against HC as possible.

Bringing this back cause I think Welch ran the ball awesome and I think he could have ran it better without being hit every. Single. Play pretty much.

Bringing this back cause I think Welch ran the ball awesome and I think he could have ran it better without being hit every. Single. Play pretty much.

And bringing this back reminds me all over again that we couldn’t even block Holy Cross.

And bringing this back reminds me all over again that we couldn’t even block Holy Cross.
This week we get to see the two worst OL in the ACC betweeen us and FSU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom