Welcome Cal, Stanford and SMU! | Syracusefan.com

Welcome Cal, Stanford and SMU!

florida state nc and clemson are all on the phone yesterday to the sec. its just a matter of time. pitt will end up in the big 10 and we should be looking to the big 12----just thinking

I'm hoping we get some hits here Trueblue and let's face reality though, the site has very few ACC schools that post here and Clemson leads by a small margin. Amazing there are no BC and Pitt fans what so ever.

florida state nc and clemson are all on the phone yesterday to the sec. its just a matter of time. pitt will end up in the big 10 and we should be looking to the big 12----just thinking
If Pitt can get into the Big 10, we need to get into the Big 10. I hope I'm wrong but I think the fate of SU athletics could hinge on that invite

I'm hoping we get some hits here Trueblue and let's face reality though, the site has very few ACC schools that post here and Clemson leads by a small margin. Amazing there are no BC and Pitt fans what so ever.
You could not pay me to listen to the opinions of Pitt fans.

Im sure the Cal and Stanford fans will feel the warm welcome of the off topic board and the community there

You could not pay me to listen to the opinions of Pitt fans.

Im sure the Cal and Stanford fans will feel the warm welcome of the off topic board and the community there
Prayer GIF

Maybe their fans are on R*val or 24-7 and don't know about this site?

Maybe their fans are on R*val or 24-7 and don't know about this site?

They're lean there as well when I used to post there but you're probably right as more are there than would be here.

SMU not getting TV money for 9 years was shocking to see
This is ACC just surviving in the new landscape of conferences
Nice to see the 12 teams stand up to UNC, Clemson, and FSU
2,821.6 from Cuse to Stanford

The SMU boosters have promised to make up the difference. They will do that without raising a sweat. One just gave $50M for a building in one end zone of their stadium.

They are still going to get money from NCAA basketball shares, their split from the CFP, their share from ACC bowl games, etc. They are just forgoing ACC TV revenue. The estimate is they will get 8.5.to 9.5 million per year from these other sources. Which is what they were getting in entirety from the AAAAAACCCCK.

I believe Stanford and Cal will also get that money. If Stewart is right with his 30% number for Cal and Stanford, they will get $24M*.3 or $7.2 million annually from ACC TV revenue and another $9 million or so from the other sources.

The ACCN is 50% owned by ESPN and 50% owned by ACC schools. If this works like the B1G, the newbies will need to pay the existing ACC schools to buy their piece of the ACCN. I think this will be taken from their share of ACCN revenue until they are paid in full. Not sure how much a share of the ACCN is worth but it has been estimated each school gets around $9 million per year in revenue from the ACCN. It is probably going to take a while to get that done.

The SMU boosters have promised to make up the difference. They will do that without raising a sweat. One just gave $50M for a building in one end zone of their stadium.
Damn...
I knew they had some wealthy alum but not to the level

Not so sure about any of this. Be that as it may, FSU and Clemson might regret such a move as they will be just another team(s) in the SEC.
FSU reminds me of Nebraska whose best days are behind them and aren't going to be recaptured.

When Clemson starts losing 2 or 3 games a year things will really be different for them.

Recruiting is not all that clear to me. With one less P5 conference is the ACC not better off?
With ND are we not really a national conference with or without FSU and Clemson?

There are always unintended consequences with major changes and there will be with the latest realignment as well.

What has the B1G really done for Rutgers and Maryland?

Oh yes, thanks NC State!
LGO!

Damn...
I knew they had some wealthy alum but not to the level
SMU should be able to build a team via the portal very quickly based upon NIL. They are heavily motivated and have the $$ to back it up extremely well. $$ doesn’t guarantee success but it helps the odds of success.

Stanford is going to hit the recruiting gold mine on the east coast and Texas. they could become a scary team.

Not so sure about any of this. Be that as it may, FSU and Clemson might regret such a move as they will be just another team(s) in the SEC.
FSU reminds me of Nebraska whose best days are behind them and aren't going to be recaptured and whose fans can't/won't accept that fact.

When Clemson starts losing 2 or 3 games a year things will really be different for them.

{snip}
FIFY

Lol I've got a good friend who works in the Penn St AD. Pitt to the Big 10 ummm... there will be some serious pushback there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom