Welcome Maryland and Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome Maryland and Rutgers

You're too funny Arizona Knight. Do you honestly think you'd be selling out games if it weren't for the Michigan and Ohio State fans invading your field? You couldn't even fill the stadium for the biggest game in your pathetic program's history - against Louisville this past season. Have fun in the rust belt in a conference taking a serious nose dive. Just look at this weekend's NFL draft, the B1G is no longer what it used to be. Parade around $$ all you want but the conference is quickly becoming an afterthought.

they'll only be sellouts if rutgers is any good. i doubt when teams are 2-8 in the big 10 that they sell out when ohio state comes to town.

money is one thing, winning is another. plenty of teams rolling in big ten money stink. rutgers will just add to that list.

There are lots of athletic programs that simply won the lottery due to geography, television market, or just plain serendipity. Add RU to the list...
All conferences need their Washington Generals, you gotta play somebody... But hey, what can you if you're on the other end of a big stick, at least enjoy the 1st and 15th of the month...:)

Arizona,
Lissten dude. You're one of the few R fans that visits this board and allows themselves to be roasted (well RutgersAl doesn't count). For that, I give you props.

But this is tiring. We may have the occasional F-RU thread just as you may have a F-SU thread on your forums. It doesn't mean you should continue to troll our boards in order to defend the honor of the Scarlet Kn-igg-its
(Monty Python Reference)

I think each fanbase can safely say we've tired and seen enough of one another. Each of us are going to a much better situation and have no reason to look back. Go off and enjoy the bountiful offerings of the midwest. We hope you enjoy your newfound rivalry with....Purdue.

Having said that, it's time for you to flutter away...slappy.

Have fun in the rust belt in a conference taking a serious nose dive. Just look at this weekend's NFL draft, the B1G is no longer what it used to be.

Two things:

1. You have to go all the way back to 2012 to find a draft where the B1G had one less total draft pick than the SEC who of course had the most.

2. Wouldn't Syracuse be considered a "rust belt" city?" If so your post is ironic.

they'll only be sellouts if rutgers is any good. i doubt when teams are 2-8 in the big 10 that they sell out when ohio state comes to town.

money is one thing, winning is another. plenty of teams rolling in big ten money stink. rutgers will just add to that list.
i hope they dont sell out.

i want to get a good seat when real programs like osu, michigan and nebraska, for that matter, come to town for their guaranteed W.

I think that's the premise of the thread.

I would triple like this if I could. I rarely laugh out loud at our board anymore. Well done, xc.

What "better offer" should Rutgers have waited for? The NFC East?

The B1G East division is the absolute grand slam outcome for Rutgers. Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan with their 110,000 seat monstrosities are going to be a nightmare to deal with every year but you don't see too many teams begging to leave the SEC because the schedule is too tough. Kyle Flood will either sell the heck out of this schedule (to recruits) or we will pay somebody who can because we will have the money.

tumblr_m2czzdGIxM1rsyqf9o1_500.png

Rutgers is the biggest winner in the entire conference realignment sweepstakes. I think they'll happily take those matchups.

I'm thrilled by where we landed.

Maryland, that whole thing continues to make little sense. But if you run your program into the ground financially, you'll jump on anyone who shows up in the room with the best Powerpoint.

Older news, but Utah was also a big winner when the music stopped.

We don't need to rehash who the biggest losers were. They know, and they're out of our life.

What "better offer" should Rutgers have waited for? The NFC East?

The B1G East division is the absolute grand slam outcome for Rutgers. Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan with their 110,000 seat monstrosities are going to be a nightmare to deal with every year but you don't see too many teams begging to leave the SEC because the schedule is too tough. Kyle Flood will either sell the heck out of this schedule (to recruits) or we will pay somebody who can because we will have the money.

I'm not sure Rutgers will be swimming in cash when compared to other ACC schools in the NE. Isn't Rutgers currently subsidizing their athletic department 20+ million in university and student-fee money a year? Isn't Rutgers' full share at least five years out? No way NJ's general public (myself included) let the school's Athletic Department continue to rob the rest of the school with the Big 10 checks coming in.

The Rutgers Atheltic Dept. has never shown a high level on competency and is always in the state politicians' crosshairs. Rutgers kind of sucks at all sports. Their biggest football success in the last 10 years has been a pinstripe bowl win and 1/4 BIG east title. They did that by spending 100 million more than cuse.

They just had seven players drafted and couldn't win the Citrus Bowl. But now they're talking rose bowl.

The state of NJ does not have the will or competence to compete with the football factories.

Rutgers made a great move and they will be fine in football. I actually expect them to go 500 or so each year in the Big. Maryland really screwed up. Sure they fixed a short term financial issue but long term especially now that the ACC is looking at its own Network they messed up. Rutgers and Pedstate are

I'm not sure Rutgers will be swimming in cash when compared to other ACC schools in the NE. Isn't Rutgers currently subsidizing their athletic department 20+ million in university and student-fee money a year? Isn't Rutgers' full share at least five years out? No way NJ's general public (myself included) let the school's Athletic Department continue to rob the rest of the school with the Big 10 checks coming in.

The Rutgers Atheltic Dept. has never shown a high level on competency and is always in the state politicians' crosshairs. Rutgers kind of sucks at all sports. They're biggest football success in the last 10 years has been a pinstripe bowl win and 1/4 BIG east title.

They just had seven players drafted and couldn't win the Citrus Bowl. But now they're talking rose bowl.

The state of NJ does not have the will or competence to compete with the football factories.
They both jumped at the chance to dig their AD's out of the red. Of course, it you're Rutgers, you obviously stepped in . MD? My guess is they suffer buyer's remorse very quickly.

They both jumped at the chance to dig their AD's out of the red. Of course, it you're Rutgers, you obviously stepped in . MD? My guess is they suffer buyer's remorse very quickly.

You have to wonder if Maryland already is. Maybe not though, maybe they screwed things up so bad, the best they can do is hope for the windfall the B1G promised them.

As for Rutgers, people should compare what they are getting to what they would have had in the AAC, not versus the ACC. That's the real analysis, and it's why they struck gold like no one else. I guess you could technically say the same for Syracuse, but we were always meant for better things, and would have already been there in 2004 if most of those with influence in the ACC had their way. Rutgers got stuck on crap island, but only briefly. Louisville is probably using some of their extra cash to send champagne and free pizzas to those who so royally mismanaged the Maryland Athletic Budget.

Not only did the B1G expand, but they managed to hit the daily double in this latest round. They added valuable markets without adding athletic threats to its football powers. Mich and Ohio state added two guaranteed wins to its division and saddled Wisconsin with Nebraska.

Not only did the B1G expand, but they managed to hit the daily double in this latest round. They added valuable markets without adding athletic threats to its football powers. Mich and Ohio state added two guaranteed wins to its division and saddled Wisconsin with Nebraska.

I am baffled as to how these divisions were agreed to... it's unfathomable. Whiskey is really in a much more difficult position.

Cuse lost to Northwestern, Minnesota and Rutgers last year. I would show a little more respect to the "bottom half" of the B1G if I were in your shoes. Be glad you didn't have Indiana on the schedule.

Actually he said NW hoops ... man you really can't read. Its ok though ... not sure who will whoop up on Rutgers athletes more ... the opposition or your coaching staffs ...

Who is this rutgers everyone speaks of?

Sent using my Commodore 64

Who is this rutgers everyone speaks of?

Sent using my Commodore 64
we covered this in the 1st post.

Michigans, Ohio States and Ped States bitch.

a guaranteed W for them. sort of like the pats in the AFC East, they start every year with 6 Ws.

its ok to not know their name, thats the way the big 3 want it.

Oh Lord

Agree, it was a twofer. They didn't need two more Nebraskas. They needed just the opposite. And that's what they got. Well except for the team colors.

Rutgers is the biggest winner in the entire conference realignment sweepstakes. I think they'll happily take those matchups.

I'm thrilled by where we landed.

Absolutely! We are very fortunate to be in the ACC and should be counting our lucky stars daily as well.

Rutgers may not be able to compete for titles in the B1G, but that's generally consistent with their entire existence anyways...only now they'll have a lot of cash to boot as well. Good for them...and Jersey's state U.

Absolutely! We are very fortunate to be in the ACC and should be counting our lucky stars daily as well.

Rutgers may not be able to compete for titles in the B1G, but that's generally consistent with their entire existence anyways...only now they'll have a lot of cash to boot as well. Good for them...and Jersey's state U.

They're a tomato can. Every conference needs its shitty teams, and that's what Maryland and Rutgers are.

Every year we're going to beat them like a drum. Every year the Big Ten is going to beat them like a drum.

university-of-michigan-logo.gif

They're a tomato can. Every conference needs its shitty teams, and that's what Maryland and Rutgers are.

Every year we're going to beat them like a drum. Every year the Big Ten is going to beat them like a drum.

university-of-michigan-logo.gif
No doubt! But hey, I'd rather be ugly and rich...than ugly and poor. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom