Welcome to Syracuse, BJ Johnson | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to Syracuse, BJ Johnson

Huge part??? He WON the game tonight. Actually it was a fantastic team effort. Some guys played better than others but I can easily think of something that each player did to contribute. I love games like that.

Yeah, and the way people talked about him here was borderline deplorable. A young kid dedicated to playing for the team we love and of course nothing but constant negativity. I wish people would at least attempt to understand these are kids who are trying their best. I'm very glad his hard work is paying off. Really like how hard everyone played tonight and looked like Coach was doing some fine coaching down the stretch. It was a very nice game for us.

Tonight's dinner for many here...
image.jpg

As I said last year, he should have red shirted. His whole career would look different to him if he was a freshman this year.

Totally agree, but I think we were in the minority. I remember the suggestion getting shot down cause he was going to be getting a ton of minutes. His whole career could have been different. Oh well, hopefully things are finally starting to click.

With that said you see what happens when the kid is allowed to play through mistakes, and is given a chance.

BJ will be big time next year. Kid works hard. I was totally wrong about him. Kudos to him and OGBJ
I have been psyched to see what Malachis got next yr and have assumed he might start (either at 2 or 3) for us but will be interesting to see who gets more PT, BJ or Malachi. Hopefully two prime time players next year at small forward/wing to go along w G!

Don't ever count out a young competitor. He's very, very young. We can argue all we want about redshirting, it's beating a dead horse. BJ will mature into a fine basketball player and you will all be very happy in time about it.

Totally agree, but I think we were in the minority. I remember the suggestion getting shot down cause he was going to be getting a ton of minutes. His whole career could have been different. Oh well, hopefully things are finally starting to click.

With that said you see what happens when the kid is allowed to play through mistakes, and is given a chance.

Are... are you... are you from the future?

I find cases like this extremely interesting. Watching a player look completely lost for the first 3 months of the season, and just suddenly start playing legit D1 basketball is just crazy to me. Is it just a confidence thing? Gets a few extra minutes, makes a couple nice plays, and it just snowballs exponentially? BJ nailed a random 3 a couple games ago, and now we have tonight. Amazing.