Welcome to the ACC. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the ACC.

They will probably wear white or purple pants
images

images

and when we play them in Death Valley
images
We don't do the purple on purple very often. We will wear them this year however.

My wife and I are currently looking for a house in Charlotte. I've seen quite a few Syracuse fans around town. What shocks me is the amount of WVU fans in Charlotte recently. What in the world.
I live in Charlotte as well its mainly a UNC, USC, Clemson, NC State town with TONS of transplants. I will say their is a decent a WVU following, but honestly who wouldn't leave WV for Charlotte its a great town. The Valentine area is probably the best area to look for a house. SU has a decent following in Charlotte enough so that a local bar in the Dilworth area has a good SU following for fans/alums on gamedays.

I live in Charlotte as well its mainly a UNC, USC, Clemson, NC State town with TONS of transplants. I will say their is a decent a WVU following, but honestly who wouldn't leave WV for Charlotte its a great town. The Valentine area is probably the best area to look for a house. SU has a decent following in Charlotte enough so that a local bar in the Dilworth area has a good SU following for fans/alums on gamedays.

Valentine area. ;) I think you meant Ballantyne area. :) There are a lot a great sections throughout south and southeast Charlotte, we live in Weddington, just into Union County...very nice, about 10 minutes from the Ballantyne area...

I like that idea. We have a trophy with BC which only developed into a "rivalry" when Matt Ryan was there. Why not Syracuse.

I can make you a good deal on a rock.

Interesting...we do seem to be in need of one now.
Have you heard any news on the piece that's missing? Once they arrested the one guy, I figured it would be returned pretty quickly. Any perspective?

We don't do the purple on purple very often. We will wear them this year however.

Doubt it. We have only worn it 3 times ever and Dabo has already said he doesn't care for the purple stuff. It will likely be all white for the Cuse game and orange tops/white pants for other games. You might see all orange for UGA or FSU.

Have you heard any news on the piece that's missing? Once they arrested the one guy, I figured it would be returned pretty quickly. Any perspective?
All I've heard is that the guy isn't saying anything. The lawyer has released some comments but that's about it. The police have said that they are looking for 2 other suspects. That's pretty all the information that's out.

If you go to tigernet.com, I guess the clemson equivalent to syracusefan.com, that's all they are talking about there.

Cops were pretty vague on the details at the presser. Just that they arrested the kid and at the time didn't have possession of the missing piece. I think the kid lawyered up fast. I would expect a deal to be struck over the missing piece. Maybe reducing the charges for returning the missing piece.

Doubt it. We have only worn it 3 times ever and Dabo has already said he doesn't care for the purple stuff. It will likely be all white for the Cuse game and orange tops/white pants for other games. You might see all orange for UGA or FSU.
I thought we were doing all purple for the Citadel game?

Valentine area. ;) I think you meant Ballantyne area. :) There are a lot a great sections throughout south and southeast Charlotte, we live in Weddington, just into Union County...very nice, about 10 minutes from the Ballantyne area...
YES, YES DAMN YOU SMART phone. It auto-changed Ballantyne into Valentine. Ballantyne is where ESPNU is located and is the real beautiful portion of Charlotte for living is located.

Valentine of Ballantyne? The bar in Dilworth is Piccasso's.

Valentine of Ballantyne? The bar in Dilworth is Piccasso's.

The SU meet-up spot in Dilworth is Dilworth Neighborhood Grille. Piccasso's has since closed and moved from Kenilworth/Park Rd. It's now a California taco place.

There are so many CNY/WNY transplants around here that many bars cater to the Syracuse crowd. I think there's a Fox & Hound up in Huntersville and another down in Ballantyne that both welcome SU fans. Dilworth is the main spot though. The alumni group is already planning the Raleigh and Atlanta trips. Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

I wish -- I no longer live in Charlotte. I was relocated in 2010 to Pittsburgh.

The day is finally here...welccome to the ACC, Syracuse!

If any of you get the opportunity, head down to Clemson for a game. Football or hoops. Their football tradition is well-known. But, their support for hoops is great, too. Littlejohn Coliseum is a damned tough place to play, and, CU is always a tough out at home.

Not to mention, CU have the ACC's best fans. They're competitive as all get out, but, they're also the friendliest, and, the most generous, especially for football tailgating. As a UNC fan, I've never been treated as well anywhere else I've been. There is the usual rival smacktalk, but, its always in fun.

Glad you're onboard. Can't wait until you get to come to Chapel Hill as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom