Welcome to the OG Podcast | Syracusefan.com

Welcome to the OG Podcast

jekelish

Living Legend
I have no idea if I'll keep this up (that's what he said?) but I decided to test out a podcast for Otto's Grove. This first one is just me, talking to an empty room, about Syracuse, Star Wars, and Walking Dead spoilers.

Eventually, maybe other people will join me, if I keep going with additional episodes: http://.com/podcast/welcome-to-the-og-episode-1/

(In retrospect, recording myself while having a horrible cold was not a great idea)

Last edited:
Nice work Jek. Let's do episode two this weekend.

Hey, I can talk about almost anything. The problem is... I doubt anyone would want to listen. :)

Hey, I can talk about almost anything. The problem is... I doubt anyone would want to listen. :)
I doubt anyone would want to listen to me, either! Ha. I have been thinking about doing a Syracuse podcast for awhile and maybe opening it up to people jumping on and just shooting the breeze about SU, so I figured, why not go for a test run here?

I doubt anyone would want to listen to me, either! Ha. I have been thinking about doing a Syracuse podcast for awhile and maybe opening it up to people jumping on and just shooting the breeze about SU, so I figured, why not go for a test run here?

Love the idea of a Syracuse podcast! Keep up the good work!

Thought you were talking about this classic disc when I saw the thread title.

Unknown.jpeg

I'm a straight G, but I definitely want to tip my cap to someone who is OG. Maybe the podcast could pay tribute to it's name occasionally, with some OG talk/topics playing cameos. I think it would be putting spice or some other condiment on one's burger. In this moment, I feel inspired just thinking about it.

finally, a challenger to the Kenny's Two Pennies Orange media juggernaut

He gave a shout out to Bernie Fine! :)

"In one place, you could get hammered, and I don't mean with ball peen". I would imagine one's appreciation for this video could be greatly altered depending on their current level of sobriety that folks often abuse too often, and whether their filters are a little disjointed or not. The temple itself used to have the maxim "know thyself", similar to the exit of the Notre Dame locker room's "Play like champions today", above the door for all to see and have a central point of focus. Sadly, knowing our true selves is one of the last thing those who control our influences want for us. More on that if the opportunity presents itself.

I think Jekelish might even enjoy coming at this guy and creating a rivalry to increase ratings of both shows. I picture it starting off with a warning shot carefully lobbed over the bow, but close enough to get the attention of the mark. Then there is generally a period of time where everything is still on the table from partnership all the way to a fierce and bitter rivalry. Or the Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler method could be used to get the best of both worlds. Our politicians are masters of this craft(as opposed to art), and many see it but they don't.

Speaking of which, I liked that idea I got earlier when some expressed slight displeasure when I used my powers for good to urinate on the campfire before I left for the night(morning). I didnt want to see smoldering embers potentially cause something to spread, and although not deputized officially, took it upon myself as a citizen of the board to heal wounds, kind of a metaphor for the works of people like Jesus. The Golden Rule folks. That would make a good group for a gang, except they would probably get their assess kicked with a name like that. I started to think it might work for a musical group, but ended with the same conclusion. Anyhow, I reckon the Golden Rule doesn't preclude violence if both parties consent. While a certain majority of folks don't want to see the forums littered with savagery, it is apparent that folks at times revel in watching competition(which is why most of us are here), and varying forms of it at times. I think a sub forum for grudge matches would keep this place clean, as well as let people express things they feel are important. It could still be regulated like a boxing match to whatever extent was deemed warranted, and could extend a debate even if there was a limited time frame, making it even more akin to a match.

I think this feller inspired me a bit, but I'd be doing the world a disfavor to if I didn't proclaim that I have no idea of the rankings of mental and emotional influences in me now, and I think to some degree that is reflective of the majority of society, which could be seen as an impairment or even acts of a silent war. Making that video looks pretty fun Jekelish. His delivery made me suspect it was written, but then he'd probably need an assistant unless he went "all in" and invested in a telestrator...wait that's the thing you draw on, right? Well I mean one of those things President reads off of. I hope it's the former, because I'm curious what his wife might look like as she stood there and held it. I'm curious if she would display any enthusiasm which isnt necessary being off camera, some displeasure for having to help, or possibly have a poker face while boning up for poker night in a couple hours. The possibilities are endless, and that is the crux of this post Mr Jekelish. Do it for the children!

Last edited:
He gave a shout out to Bernie Fine! :)

"In one place, you could get hammered, and I don't mean with ball peen". I would imagine one's appreciation for this video could be greatly altered depending on their current level of sobriety that folks often abuse too often, and whether their filters are a little disjointed or not. The temple itself used to have the maxim "know thyself", similar to the exit of the Notre Dame locker room's "Play like champions today", above the door for all to see and have a central point of focus. Sadly, knowing our true selves is one of the last thing those who control our influences want for us. More on that if the opportunity presents itself.

I think Jekelish might even enjoy coming at this guy and creating a rivalry to increase ratings of both shows. I picture it starting off with a warning shot carefully lobbed over the bow, but close enough to get the attention of the mark. Then there is generally a period of time where everything is still on the table from partnership all the way to a fierce and bitter rivalry. Or the Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler method could be used to get the best of both worlds. Our politicians are masters of this craft(as opposed to art), and many see it but they don't.

Speaking of which, I liked that idea I got earlier when some expressed slight displeasure when I used my powers for good to urinate on the campfire before I left for the night(morning). I didnt want to see smoldering embers potentially cause something to spread, and although not deputized officially, took it upon myself as a citizen of the board to heal wounds, kind of a metaphor for the works of people like Jesus. The Golden Rule folks. That would make a good group for a gang, except they would probably get their assess kicked with a name like that. I started to think it might work for a musical group, but ended with the same conclusion. Anyhow, I reckon the Golden Rule doesn't preclude violence if both parties consent. While a certain majority of folks don't want to see the forums littered with savagery, it is apparent that folks at times revel in watching competition(which is why most of us are here), and varying forms of it at times. I think a sub forum for grudge matches would keep this place clean, as well as let people express things they feel are important. It could still be regulated like a boxing match to whatever extent was deemed warranted, and could extend a debate even if there was a limited time frame, making it even more akin to a match.

I think this feller inspired me a bit, but I'd be doing the world a disfavor to if I didn't proclaim that I have no idea of the rankings of mental and emotional influences in me now, and I think to some degree that is reflective of the majority of society, which could be seen as an impairment or even acts of a silent war. Making that video looks pretty fun Jekelish. His delivery made me suspect it was written, but then he'd probably need an assistant unless he went "all in" and invested in a telestrator...wait that's the thing you draw on, right? Well I mean one of those things President reads off of. I hope it's the former, because I'm curious what his wife might look like as she stood there and held it. I'm curious if she would display any enthusiasm which isnt necessary being off camera, some displeasure for having to help, or possibly have a poker face while boning up for poker night in a couple hours. The possibilities are endless, and that is the crux of this post Mr Jekelish. Do it for the children!
I'm not entirely sure what I just read.

Sounds good to me! Happy to get a breakdown of one of our games sometime.

Do you live in Syracuse? I'd be willing to meet up and make it happen sometime.

Do you live in Syracuse? I'd be willing to meet up and make it happen sometime.
I live in Texas, actually. I'm planning on doing any multi-person podcasts happen with Skype.

I've been a guest on a few podcasts over the years in relation to my freelance writing, and they almost always use Skype since it allows multiple people to be on an audio call.

I'm not entirely sure what I just read.

I was giving a view from the marketing side, amongst other things. I think it would be interesting if you had interaction with that guy they said was your competition.

Just put together a quick 20 minute episode in which I ramble about the St. John's game, the upcoming slate, the potential of missing the tournament, and unveil the first OG Top 10 as voted on by several members of the Syracusefan community.

http://.com/podcast/welcome-to-the-og-episode-2/

+1 on the idea of a board podcast. I would definitely listen to a version in which various board posters called up and gabbed about the team.

+1 on the idea of a board podcast. I would definitely listen to a version in which various board posters called up and gabbed about the team.
Well, the good news is that, with the new podcast provider I found (hat tip to Sean Keeley for letting me know about it), people ARE able to call in and join the discussion easily enough. Just a matter of me providing the phone number, call code, and pin to enter the discussion.

There's even a chat room that goes along with it, so it would be easy enough to queue up people's comments so that we didn't just have five people talking over one another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom