well..Allen vs Dungey Stats | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

well..Allen vs Dungey Stats

This has nothing to do with Allen, more so just if Dungey is an NFL QB. Did anyone witness the awful QB play from the Bills and Jags yesterday? Bortles missed like 4 screen passes in the first half and he is a starting NFL QB! No one could hit a receiver past 10 yards. After watching that game I absolutely believe Dungey is an NFL QB. He just has to show a full complete healthy season.

This has nothing to do with Allen, more so just if Dungey is an NFL QB. Did anyone witness the awful QB play from the Bills and Jags yesterday? Bortles missed like 4 screen passes in the first half and he is a starting NFL QB! No one could hit a receiver past 10 yards. After watching that game I absolutely believe Dungey is an NFL QB. He just has to show a full complete healthy season.
Did those guys have the same problem in college?

Big fan of Dungey, but as to Allen, I didn't realize he was the top QB in this draft.

Thought it was Darnold, Rosen and then either Allen or Mayfield?

I know nothing about Allen except that he was on some pre-season lists as a possible #1 draft choice and I've heard nothing more about him since. All the QB's that were on such lists seem to have had disappointing seasons.

I love Dungey for his incredible grit and competitiveness and because he's a dual threat QB. He's certainly better than anybody we've had since Nassib or maybe McNabb. But I really don't see him as a pro QB. I don't think his arm strength is up to NFL standards. he throws a very catchable ball- for both teams. His sideline throws are awful at times- they have to be thrown to the outside of the receiver so only he has a shot at it. Most of his interceptions are thrown to the inside where the DB can jump the route. he also seems to have trouble seeing beyond his #1 target and one dump-off guy.

I have a feeling that when DeVito takes over we will see what an NFL prospect looks like.

Last edited:
I know nothing about Allen except that he was on some pre-season lists as a possible #1 draft choice and I've heard nothing more about him since. All the QB's that were on such lists seem to have had disappointing seasons.

I love Dungey for his incredible grit and competitiveness and because he's a dual threat QB. He's certainly better than anybody we've had since Nassib or maybe McNabb. But I really don't see him as a pro QB. I don't think his arm strength is up to NFL standards. he throws a very catchable ball- for both teams. His sideline throws are awful at times- they have to be thrown to the outside of the receiver so on he has a shot at it. Most of his interceptions are thrown to the inside where the DB can jump the route. he also seems to have trouble seeing beyond his #1 target and one dump-off guy.

I have a feeling that when DeVito takes over we will see what an NFL prospect looks like.

Totally agree with your second paragraph, but hope I'm wrong and Dungey gets a shot and does well.