Well not much respect on the Missou board... | Syracusefan.com

Well not much respect on the Missou board...

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
which I guess isn't too surprising giving the up and down nature of this team and the past decade. Sure hope their team is taking us as lightly.

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=2

I think we see another USF type game in terms of the second half and how close it'll be. Come out with a W in this game and it's a 100% certaintly that the "corner" has been turned and the Syracuse program is back on it's way to how it was in the late 80's and 90's. My oh my wouldn't that be nice.

"They go 5-5 and say 'This team is pretty damn good.' That's cute."

They have a point.

Louisville fans were probably discussing how much they'd murder us by too. They have no business being cocky. They arent a good football team. Theyve spent the season showing that. So they have a couple NFL draft picks? We enter with a QB, 2RBs, a WR and a LT that will play on Sundays.

"They go 5-5 and say 'This team is pretty damn good.' That's cute."

They have a point.

If we had a soft OOC schedule, we'd most likely be a minimum of 7-3. It's not a huge point they have, but a point none the less.

Louisville fans were probably discussing how much they'd murder us by too. They have no business being cocky. They arent a good football team. Theyve spent the season showing that. So they have a couple NFL draft picks? We enter with a QB, 2RBs, a WR and a LT that will play on Sundays.

No actually a lot of Ville fans were very concerned with our game. Only a few thought this was 2005.

I did learn that Josey (the top back they lost in preseason) is practicing but I think they RS him and he isn't going to play Saturday.

which I guess isn't too surprising giving the up and down nature of this team and the past decade. Sure hope their team is taking us as lightly.

I think we see another USF type game in terms of the second half and how close it'll be. Come out with a W in this game and it's a 100% certaintly that the "corner" has been turned and the Syracuse program is back on it's way to how it was in the late 80's and 90's. My oh my wouldn't that be nice.

To be honest, we have not yet come close to earning the "right" to get much respect, especially from an SEC team fanbase. You earn that respect nationally, win by win. Winning Saturday night vs. an SEC team fighting for it's bowl life, is another step in that direction.

If we had a soft OOC schedule, we'd most likely be a minimum of 7-3. It's not a huge point they have, but a point none the less.

And is we played in the SEC with that soft OOC schedule we'd be 5-5 probably.

Mizzou played a soft OOC schedule when they were in the Big 12.

To be fair, it's really one knucklehead and a couple of people who either agree with him or enjoy goading him on. There are others who know better. One of the local sports radio personalities in St. Louis was surprised with the 6.5-point spread (meaning it was too high).

Did we create our cardboard cutout of James Franklin saying 'we never lose on senior day' yet?

Even though he's a junior?

(they do seem to win on Senior Day every year).

We should be competitive if we don't give them extra opportunities. They've only beaten two SEC teams, Kentucky & Tennessee, so they have no banner wins to this point. Should be a good game.

Are you speaking about this season? We are playing you all, Arizona State, and UCF who is the likely winner of CUSA with SE Louisiana State thrown in. That is about as good of a non-conference schedule as anyone in our new conference. Heck A&M is playing two FCS schools this year.

Are you speaking about this season? We are playing you all, Arizona State, and UCF who is the likely winner of CUSA with SE Louisiana State thrown in. That is about as good of a non-conference schedule as anyone in our new conference. Heck A&M is playing two FCS schools this year.

And we had USC, Northwestern, Minnesota, Stonybrook (very good 1AA team) and you guys. Pretty tough road.

If we had a soft OOC schedule, we'd most likely be a minimum of 7-3.
There's no way we can ever know that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

And we had USC, Northwestern, Minnesota, Stonybrook (very good 1AA team) and you guys. Pretty tough road.

No doubt. You have been very aggressive in scheduling a great non-conference slate.

Lets get real here for a second Mizzou. You are as much a sec team as West Virginia is a big 12 team. Biggest bowl win since 1960s was the cotton bowl over Arkansas in 2007. Looks like you've had some success in the remote past and as of late in crappy bowls we strive to be in. But, by no means should you really be taking anyone lightly. I thought at first you were rutgers west but it seems like you have some history there.Actually overall when you look at the total body of work we are pretty similar. The great thing is all questions will be answered Saturday night.

Lets get real here for a second Mizzou. You are as much a sec team as West Virginia is a big 12 team. Biggest bowl win since 1960s was the cotton bowl over Arkansas in 2007. Looks like you've had some success in the remote past and as of late in crappy bowls we strive to be in. But, by no means should you really be taking anyone lightly. I thought at first you were rutgers west but it seems like you have some history there.Actually overall when you look at the total body of work we are pretty similar. The great thing is all questions will be answered Saturday night.
Missouri has had great teams and great players. And fairly recently. The only thing they have in common with Rutgers is that they are both schools.

I think we have a big challenge in front of us. At the beginning of the season, I think many fans considered this game a guaranteed L. I think it could go either way but given how we've played on the road, I think they have the edge. We need to play mistake free football to walk out with a W.

Holy 1998 Batman

That Mizzou board looks like crap. I have an urge to dial up AOL and hope to get a 33.6k bps connection.

To be honest, we have not yet come close to earning the "right" to get much respect, especially from an SEC team fanbase. You earn that respect nationally, win by win. Winning Saturday night vs. an SEC team fighting for it's bowl life, is another step in that direction.

"SEC" big deal...they're freakin Missouri. Not Florida. Not Georgia. Not Bama. Not even a former power on hard times like Tennessee. They are a lightweight who just got into the league. Screw them. They're no better than all these mediocre teams we play in the Big East.

Holy 1998 Batman

That Mizzou board looks like crap. I have an urge to dial up AOL and hope to get a 33.6k bps connection.

Damn, Mark, you know your outdated platforms. The guy raggin on SU the most has been a member for 13.79 years and 75,000 posts. Bees and Cali have probably that many over all the iterations right?

FromKCtoCoMO MU

Member For:
13.79 yrs
Level:
User
M.O.B. Votes:

"SEC" big deal...they're freakin Missouri. Not Florida. Not Georgia. Not Bama. Not even a former power on hard times like Tennessee. They are a lightweight who just got into the league. Screw them. They're no better than all these mediocre teams we play in the Big East.
they are not lightweight and have a very good hx.they can be dangerous--providing we control our mistakes,i think we win if not it will be minny and ru deja vu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom