Well so much for 30,000 tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Well so much for 30,000 tonight

My issues with it is if the situation was flipped they absolutely would still have it at 3.. or at least try like hell to keep it for the advantage.

TOL22 said:
You guys make a lot of assumptions about wives. And women in general.

I know where you would rather be

Real women wear orange...oh, and we're going to the dome anyway! You can have dinner in the back court, heart shaped rock hard pretzels washed down with dome foam beats a dinner out every time .

And all of the suckers who have to take their wives to dinner.

Is the entire state of north carolina a bunch of or just the athletic programs? Wow

Should they walk or take a bus when the flight can't go? Silly...

I thought I read that conditions were okay for their original 5:00pm flight yesterday but they had to wait for the plane till later last night when the plane arrived from the midwest.Did the weather deteriorate in that time frame while waiting for that plane? Sure seems like it must have.

First off: if you guys married women that wouldn't consider a dome dog an acceptable Valentines dinner, then frankly that's on you

2. For all the smack you guys have talked about weather, let me remind you the entire Northeast is still blubbering about their traumatic glancing run in with the remnants of a minor hurricane that they dubbed "superstorm" just to bring home how amazingly powerful and scary it was... Not.

Then leave 2 days earlier

Softnosed
Their scheduled departure time was fine. Should they have been able to predict that their charter coming in from the Midwest would not be able to arrive as scheduled?

I am serious, but it won't happen because SU would miss out on money.

It won't happen because it doesn't work that way. Would have been an awful lot of forfeits the past few days.

Not being able to handle a little time shift isn't very #hardnosed.

As for the TV, ESPN 3 is always there.

I think this works out fine for the wives if you want to go to the game. Leave late afternoon go to destiny for a bit then get dinner then go to the game at 7

If CNY didn't have the plows and salt and sand laid in as we do, we would be as much victims of circumstance as they are.

We really need to get over ourselves on this stuff.

And again, Ice is Ice, and when we get Ice storms we don't do any better.
When we get ice storms we win the national championship.

take the wives to the game and add to the crowd... sucks for the restaurants
Nah leave the wives at home and go by yourself. That's a dang good Valentines Gift for a guy.

First off: if you guys married women that wouldn't consider a dome dog an acceptable Valentines dinner, then frankly that's on you

2. For all the smack you guys have talked about weather, let me remind you the entire Northeast is still blubbering about their traumatic glancing run in with the remnants of a minor hurricane that they dubbed "superstorm" just to bring home how amazingly powerful and scary it was... Not.

Fine the dome dog comment is funny enough, but really you think super storm sandy wasn't amazingly powerful? How exactly did you come to this conclusion? From my perspective doing disaster cleanup along Fairfeild beach and eventually New Jersey things didn't seem too exaggerated. People died, neighborhoods burned to the ground, and homes were swept away in massive tidal surges. I guess that's not good enough to be considered scary or amazingly powerful.

And I guess to the initial point of the thread, they can't handle snow and ice as well as we can. That's to be expected, I would be quite embarrassed about our own town if they could. I think maybe we take for granted the fact that if it snows a foot in Syracuse within hours you can drive around town enjoying the beautiful scenery as if nothing even happened.

Edit: Also, on a final note I have a Danny Schayes autograph and you have embarrassed me all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom