Well, that lived up to the hype | Syracusefan.com

Well, that lived up to the hype

SWC75

Bored Historian
The two best defenses in the coutnry and enither team dented the other's end zone. it all came down to field goals and LSU had a better kicker than 'Bama did.

That must have been what the legendary defensive struggles from the old days were like, such as when LSU and Mississippi went at it in '59:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIHdlAg4Uic

The two best defesnes in the coutnry and enither team dented the other's end zone. it all came down to field goals and LSU had a better kcier than 'Bama did.

That must have been what the elgednary defesnive struggles from the old days were like, such as when LSU and Mississippi went at it in '59:

Defensive classic at best. Boring game for all the hype. OSU/KSU game is much more exciting.

Defensive classic at best. Boring game for all the hype. OSU/KSU game is much more exciting.

A game doesn't have to be high scoring to be exciting. In a low-scoring game the big play can come at any time. And the intensity of the teams creates excitement. It's like a 1-0 pitcher's duel in baseball.

A game doesn't have to be high scoring to be exciting. In a low-scoring game the big play can come at any time. And the intensity of the teams creates excitement. It's like a 1-0 pitcher's duel in baseball.
True but this game was sloppy at times and wasnt as exciting as people are making it out to be.

NOT the two best teams in the country.

We'll see at the end of the season, since there's still another month of regular season games (plus the conference titles) and then the bowl games. Both coaches play things conservatively on the offensive end, because they want to just let their defenses win the game for them. I sure wouldn't suggest that Okie light is the top team in the country, given how much their opponents have scored. They may be one of the more entertaining teams this year, but I don't consider that to be the best.

Crazy thing is if Arkansas upsets LSU then it is possible for them to go to the SEC title game. Should Arkansas lose that game it will be very interesting. The SEC East team would have an auto bid. Yet LSU and Bama could both be 1 and 2 in the BCS. By rule they would have to play. However by rule only 2 SEC teams can make the BCS. Does that mean the #2 team gets left out and goes to the Capital One Bowl? This is assuming that Okie St and Stanford both lose.

Crazy thing is if Arkansas upsets LSU then it is possible for them to go to the SEC title game. Should Arkansas lose that game it will be very interesting. The SEC East team would have an auto bid. Yet LSU and Bama could both be 1 and 2 in the BCS. By rule they would have to play. However by rule only 2 SEC teams can make the BCS. Does that mean the #2 team gets left out and goes to the Capital One Bowl? This is assuming that Okie St and Stanford both lose.

At that point, you would have a possible split National Championship & it would render the BCS a complete BUST !!!

We'll see at the end of the season, since there's still another month of regular season games (plus the conference titles) and then the bowl games. Both coaches play things conservatively on the offensive end, because they want to just let their defenses win the game for them. I sure wouldn't suggest that Okie light is the top team in the country, given how much their opponents have scored. They may be one of the more entertaining teams this year, but I don't consider that to be the best.

I'm not suggesting Ok. State is the top team. They'd lose by at least 3 touchdowns to BSU.

I agree with SWC. I thought the game did live up to the hype.

I remember during a pregame show I heard a commentator (forgot the name), who said the key to the game was converting any points available. Gave a stat that discussed the FG kicker's numbers from 40+ yards. The bama's kicker lowered his %tonight.

I'm not suggesting Ok. State is the top team. They'd lose by at least 3 touchdowns to BSU.

I realize this is just your opinion but seriously? What makes you think BSU's defense is anywhere remotely good enough to stop Weeden, Blackmon and Randle?

I realize this is just your opinion but seriously? What makes you think BSU's defense is anywhere remotely good enough to stop Weeden, Blackmon and Randle?

Because Boise has an amazing D. The question, however, should be how would OSU awful D stop Moore, Martin and Co.

On a neutral field, I could see a 52-31 game.

The two best defenses in the coutnry and enither team dented the other's end zone. it all came down to field goals and LSU had a better kicker than 'Bama did.

That must have been what the legendary defensive struggles from the old days were like, such as when LSU and Mississippi went at it in '59:

When I saw the subject line, I thought you were referring to the UConn game. Figured you had lost your mind.

...if game was not about 1 vs. 2; how about the most physical game on turf this year...'Bama should have won 15-9 or better. 2 of 6 field goals...ouch...even 'Cuse is better than this...

anytime Nick Saban loses, the game lived up to the hype

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom