Well then... | Syracusefan.com

Well then...

HeaterCuse22

All Conference
Coach Boeheim -

"We have great fans"
"I've never had a good enough reason to leave"

When you win, the fans come out. The basketball team has been winning for 35 years. The football team just started winning again, they win consistently for a few years, and the fans will start filling the dome as well.

My brother texted me and told me tat Boeheim mentioned having HCDM over for dinner to convince him to stay. Not sure if he is messing with me, but interesting if true.

Yes he said he had Doug Marrone to his house to convince him Syracuse is better than Hawaii or anywhere..gotta love Jimmy B

Yes he said he had Doug Marrone to his house to convince him Syracuse is better than Hawaii or anywhere..gotta love Jimmy B

what can Jb say to convince him?

"gee doug, sure... I'll just return the Melo center and give you the $13 million for your indoor practice facility.

@MattMulcahy: Coach Jim Boeheim on Doug Marrone's prospects in the NFL. "I'm not surprised, when you're talented you get opportunities."

I caught that. I was wondering if I was the only one who thought it was a direct connection to the Marrone situation. Happy I'm not crazy. Well, not THAT crazy.

That gave me a chuckle 'cause I knew it was some good sarcasm...then I check my twitter and he actually said that at the press conference. Wow JB...

This is a billy fuciillo huge development to have JB involved.

Obviously it's an extremely serious situation - I know some people thought that this was a leverage play but people DM is a straight shooter and he doesn't play games. I had some hope before...

Unfortunately, I fear DM is gone. You don't go to 4+ interviews for "leverage".

JB doing/saying this, just makes me even sadder if DM leaves.

He also laid this zinger, which I couldnt remember. It was in context of his win but the tone just seemed weird. He started his reponses to all three questions with those lines. Could be reading to much into it.

"Its a priveledge to coach here, I have had great players"

I think it's nice that Boeheim did that and not too many can explain the pluses and minuses at SU better. The guys loves his football and knows quality when he sees it..

Kudos to Boeheim for doing this. It really illustrates his love for this university. However, it also tells me that Marrone really does have one foot out the door.

Unfortunately, I fear DM is gone. You don't go to 4+ interviews for "leverage".

Do we know that he's actually interviewed with any yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom