Well this is a new one... | Syracusefan.com

Well this is a new one...

Etancuse

Scout Team
RyanBurrESPN Ryan Burr

Pitt could announce as eary as today they will join ACC... Syracuse likely to follow but maybe not for Bball stay tuned

RyanBurrESPN Ryan Burr

Pitt could announce as eary as today they will join ACC... Syracuse likely to follow but maybe not for Bball stay tuned

That would be dumb as hell.

Sent from my DROIDX

Why would we do that and why would the ACC do that?

Yeah, I'm sure the ACC would go for that

Yeah, I'm sure the ACC would go for that

SU is a member for FB only, while ND is a member for everything BUT FB? :bat:

Maybe Pitt better check the fine print on the new lease. They may be sharing a membership with Texas.

That would be horrible. Teams that leave are treated like crap. Talk about purgatory.

RyanBurrESPN Ryan Burr

IF that happens just a matter of time till Tex and ND bump us out for full membership.

I don't see Dr. Gross approving a deal like that.

That makes absolutely NO SENSE !!!

UNLESS, it's a temporary situation until the ACC gets every team situated in the New Conference & assurances are made. Maybe the ACC would not agree to hold the Tourney in the Northeast on a rotating basis, or maybe Syracuse wanted a larger share of money from their basketball revenue because they make more than their share would be with 15 other teams. The ACC probably would not agree to let Syracuse keep their basketball money.

This is what I believe keeps Notre Dame from joining a football conference. They make more money alone than they would in a conference for football.

HEADSHOT_normal.png

RyanBurrESPN Ryan Burr

1 hour ago

DSC00769_normal.jpg

todd_ray Todd Ray

@

@RyanBurrESPN not for Bball at all or just not in time for Bball season?
27 minutes ago

HEADSHOT_normal.png

RyanBurrESPN Ryan Burr

@

@todd_ray not in time 4 season
23 minutes ago

in reply to ↑

@todd_rayTodd Ray

@RyanBurrESPN ahh got it. some reason I was thinking about situation like Notre Dame how they're independent in football but big east bball.

Clarification... 'Cuse not in time to join for bball next year but we will...

Burr jumping on that is pretty funny. At first I though it was a prank and whoever fed him that was thinking "he won't really tweet this will he?"

He really fell for the fact that SU in the ACC would have the same situation as ND in the BE. It's flattering of course, but mind numbingly naive. ESPN is probably suing for having those 4 letters on the end of his tweets from now on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom