Well, this is funny | Syracusefan.com

Well, this is funny

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
"This should be a big win for Tulane. I think we hold them to 14 or less and score in the thirties. Which is one of the reasons why Tulane football is both attractive and aggravating for me - we had no business losing to Army and Duke - anyone who thinks Army and Duke have better football players needs to have his (or her) head examined (cough, Ed Daniels, cough)."

http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35807

"This should be a big win for Tulane. I think we hold them to 14 or less and score in the thirties."

While that prediction may be far-fetched, it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Tulane is better than Rhode Island, who we struggled with. It's at Tulane, 8:00 game.

Let's not get too cocky. Even if SU is a better team than Tulane, they are not overwhelmingly superior.

I haven't felt good going into any game after that URI game - even going into last week.

It is funny Army Is ok but Duke blows monkey balls!!! We win over 30 points!!!!

I haven't felt good going into any game after that URI game - even going into last week.

Absolutely... Tulane can beat us, we are only a 10 point favorite here... I don't understand people being so confident

Tis team plays as good as it's competition. we don't blow out anybody and win the games we're supposed to (usually) and lose the games we're supposed to. I'm curious when was the last time we pulled our starting quarterback to get reps to the backup? Seriously, I have no idea.

Yeah, we lost to Rutgers so that makes us fresh meat for any program out there. Until we clean that stench off us I don't think we get to laugh in any other way but nervously.

Absolutely... Tulane can beat us, we are only a 10 point favorite here... I don't understand people being so confident

True, but if they score in the 30s and we score in the teens, good bye cruel world. That Pinstripe Bowl win would be a lot less shiny.

But I won't spend much time thinking about that because it's not going to happen.

Tulane has given up 33, 31, 10, 48, and 45. Who knows which defense we will see from Syracuse but we know which one we're going to see from Tulane.

Tulane has given up 33, 31, 10, 48, and 45. Who knows which defense we will see from Syracuse but we know which one we're going to see from Tulane.
That looks like a recipe where we need to control the ball to keep Tulane's offense off the field. Here we go again? We need to go into these types of games planning to score 40+ points, not just hope our defense holds them to less points than we're willing to score.

If you can't atleast smirk at a Tulane fan saying they'll hold us to under 2 scores, and them putting up 30+ on us, you're probably still depressed over the Rutgers loss

That looks like a recipe where we need to control the ball to keep Tulane's offense off the field. Here we go again? We need to go into these types of games planning to score 40+ points, not just hope our defense holds them to less points than we're willing to score.

I think we'll see an aggressive defense again like we played last week vs a team that doesnt make you nervous. Hopefully we finally see an agressive offensive to match.

Are there any real scouting reports on Tulane? What do they excel at? Isn't their secondary supposed to be pretty decent?

I'm curious when was the last time we pulled our starting quarterback to get reps to the backup? Seriously, I have no idea.
I remember seeing Loeb in for a series last season, but don't recall if it was garbage reps or if Nassib got dinged up for a bit. What I do distinctly remember is how his eyes never wavered from his targeted receiver - hopefully he's gotten over that by now.

Yup. I thought we'd be favored by 20+, then the Vegas line came out and I was like, Daaaannngggg!!!!

Ya, whats the funny part? Hopefully the players and coaches go into the the games expecting to win.Because i havn't been able to feel that way in a decade.I have it engrained in my head now that we will lose every game by 2 or 28. I wish i thought different.

much like Pitt Ripping USf then only be -7 vs rutgers.. -10 off a loss, if we win the rutgers game the perception of 4-1 team probably boosts the line at least 7 pts.

tulane beat rutgers on the road last year with 200 yds of offense. we need to just hold onto the ball. tulsa/duke/army ran for 4.5 a carry we need to do close to that.