Well this is the first major screwjob we get for going to the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Well this is the first major screwjob we get for going to the ACC

That is like a punch in the gut, the 1st reminder that we arent the elite program in the ACC until further notice.

I thought they wanted "elite" programs.

How did Georgetown sneak in?

Besides, we'll probably be scheduled for MSG in November anyways.

Does anyone see anything kind of slimy about NCAA basketball programs tripping over themselves to set up an event to honor Knight's 80th Birthday?

I don't see how this is a "screwjob". If they are only taking two teams from each conference then Duke and UNC are the clear winners from the ACC until we've actually played in it and proven ourselves to be more deserving than one or the other of those programs. If I were a long time ACC member and Syracuse were nominated to play in this tournament and there were other logical choices from among the incumbent members I'd go batshit.

Yes we are better than some of those programs taken, but how did we her screwed? Each conference got 2 teams. When you think of ACC right now, which 2 teams do you think of? Besides, by the tine these games are played, UNC will be ineligible and we will be replacing them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Who is to say that we were asked and then turned it down. I doubt that happened, but you never know.

This is like that f*cking rule in gymnastics when only a max of 2 girls from each country got sent to the all-arounds, and Jordyn Wieber got screwed.

Why would the Big East send a team leaving the Big East? Cmon people, this isn't a big deal. Sending SU would be like a wife nominating her husband for 'spouse of the year' on the eve of their divorce.

Get used to this folks as SU will be viewed as 2nd tier behind UNC and Duke for the foreseeable future. Are you really surprised by this? This will manifest itself in many ways. It's the price for the financial upside deal with the devil.

Get used to this folks as SU will be viewed as 2nd tier behind UNC and Duke for the foreseeable future. Are you really surprised by this? This will manifest itself in many ways. It's the price for the financial upside deal with the devil.
You may be surprised how many people really could care less about UNC or Duke.

This is not a screwjob. Carolina and Duke are 2 of the 4 or 5 biggest programs in college hoops. If I was putting together a tournament and I could pick 2 teams from the ACC, that's who I'm picking and it isn't even close.

I'm not so sure about this. Both UNC and Duke fans have been kinda sour on the ACC being so weak outside the top 3-4 teams. They have seen the conference slowly recede from discussion as the top bball conference. SU will bring a lot more respect to the conference as a whole, rather than just respect for 'the big two'.

What I think will be really interesting to see is the battle between SU and NC State for attention as NCSt tries to take the next step and be considered among the elites of the ACC. We've played a lot of games vs. NC State over the past decade, there is already a bit of established blood between us. But I still consider Duke to be a natural rival as the other smallish private school.

Besides, they'll learn to respect us when lacrosse season begins. The problem VaTech, BC, and Miami has had is that they just suck at every sport people in the ACC care about.

Yes we are better than some of those programs taken, but how did we her screwed? Each conference got 2 teams. When you think of ACC right now, which 2 teams do you think of? Besides, by the tine these games are played, UNC will be ineligible and we will be replacing them.

We got "screwed" in the sense that had we stayed in the Big East, we would be in this tourney in place of Gtown. That is the presumption.

Georgetown should be sending flowers and a case of wine to TGD, as the only reason they were invited is because we left the BE. Otherwise it would have been Syracuse and UConn. You're welcome, Hoyas. Enjoy your short moment of relevance.

Only one thing to do. Keep recruiting and keep winning. Nothing would be better than being defending National Champions and pre season number one at the time

won't happen til jb retires. right coach next five out of ten

Have the people making the argument that SU is being screwed here EVER taken a logic class? Geez... I get it...you want to post SOMETHING but for god's sake this is RIDICULOUS!

We got "screwed" in the sense that had we stayed in the Big East, we would be in this tourney in place of Gtown. That is the presumption.

But that's nit being screwed. Its 5 years from now ams it was our decision to leave.