Welsh Comments | Syracusefan.com

Welsh Comments

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
SNY analyst Tim Welsh, who worked as an assistant coach at SU from 1988-1991, offered his reaction to the allegations against Bernie Fine on Thursday night. Welsh said he has known Fine for 25 years and considers him a close friend.
"Every road game Syracuse played during my three years at Syracuse, my roommate on the road in the hotel was Bernie Fine. I've shared over probably, at least over 1,000 meals with him in my lifetime," Welsh said on SNY. "This guy has an impeccable reputation, that's all I can tell you about him and I don't know anything about what's been said tonight, I can't put my arms around it right now...he is one of the most respected people in college basketball."

Found this interesting. If Tim Welsh is being factually accurate in saying that he and Bernie roomed together on every road trip during his tenure does that mean that there was a coach rooming with Bernie on the trips on which these incidents are alleged to have happened?

SNY analyst Tim Welsh, who worked as an assistant coach at SU from 1988-1991, offered his reaction to the allegations against Bernie Fine on Thursday night. Welsh said he has known Fine for 25 years and considers him a close friend.
"Every road game Syracuse played during my three years at Syracuse, my roommate on the road in the hotel was Bernie Fine. I've shared over probably, at least over 1,000 meals with him in my lifetime," Welsh said on SNY. "This guy has an impeccable reputation, that's all I can tell you about him and I don't know anything about what's been said tonight, I can't put my arms around it right now...he is one of the most respected people in college basketball."

Found this interesting. If Tim Welsh is being factually accurate in saying that he and Bernie roomed together on every road trip during his tenure does that mean that there was a coach rooming with Bernie on the trips on which these incidents are alleged to have happened?

And probably just as important, does any of Davis' previous testimony to the police, the PS, and Schwarz talk about having to work around Welsh also being in the hotel room? If not, that could be a whole in his story that would help refute his other testimony.

Cheers,
Neil

Welsh rooming with Bernie on three years worth of road trips and eating over 1,000 meals with him would have seriously cut into the time Bernie would have had to molest Davis "thousands" of times, as Schwartz indicated.

Great support (and evidence) from Welch ... I liked Devo's support as well.