Wenzel... | Syracusefan.com

Wenzel...

bpo57

Living Legend
Yikes. He had a bad night. Definitely sounded pro USF for one thing. Rick Jackson was our center last year? Did he say SU gets a double bye in the BET? Pretty sure he said that. Talked about how SU should be going man out of the press. lol. Also says BE getting 9 teams in NCAAs (Tariq Turner and Lenn Robbins said the same thing in the SNY post game). I dunno about that. After last year I am not sure that's gonna fly this time around. Plus some of the power conferences have more bubble type teams this year than they had last year.

Wenzel is annoying. I can't stand listening to his diarrhea of the mouth.

paraphrasing here

wenzel: syracuse needs to play man!

other guy: man to man doesnt fly in central new york

wenzel: maybe not this year but it has in the past!

uhh yea bob, 20 years ago

ESPN threw him out there and he started talking up USF from tipoff.
isn't he from rutgers or something.

Why does espn give us a rutgers announcer? Just curious.

they will get 7 at least

I liked when he called Fab for goaltending and and the replay clearly showed he didn't

and their cover was like "welllll, from this angle you can't tell . . .". dumbasses. couldnt stand that crew.

Yikes. He had a bad night. Definitely sounded pro USF for one thing. Rick Jackson was our center last year? Did he say SU gets a double bye in the BET? Pretty sure he said that. Talked about how SU should be going man out of the press. lol. Also says BE getting 9 teams in NCAAs (Tariq Turner and Lenn Robbins said the same thing in the SNY post game). I dunno about that. After last year I am not sure that's gonna fly this time around. Plus some of the power conferences have more bubble type teams this year than they had last year.

We do get a double bye in BET.

LA, me too, I am very tolerant but at that same point as you I literally turned the sound off. Funny thing is when Syracuse made that big run (i turned the sound back up) he changed his tune somewhat and was at least tolerable.

Wenzel had one, I repeat one, good point last night when he said we may not be pretty but we find ways to win. That's all that matters. Otherwise, he was just plain horrible.

they will get 7 at least

I liked when he called Fab for goaltending and and the replay clearly showed he didn't

Yeah, watching it live I was like he didn't touch it. Then they show the replay, and he's like "he touched it here" and it looked like he wasn't anywhere close to it.

Wenzel was fine for the most part; or maybe my standards are too low. the man stuff was a little annoying; we aren't going to play man, period. The fact that he may or may not have been pro USF doesn't really bother me. Every announcer we get doesn't have to be from SU or be pro SU or whatever, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I think Lunardi had 9 BE teams in his latest field. SU, Marquette, ND, Louisville, Gtown, West Virginia, Seton Hall, UConn; I think those 8 are pretty solid. And Cincy and USF are still in the mix. 9 is doable.

The guy shows no knowledge of basketball, especially SU basketball if he thinks that SU is going to come out of a time out playing m-2-m. Ain't going to happen, no way no how. After the 26 - 0 , 11 minute run, the play by play guy should have told him, "so much for HAVING to come out of th ezone."

I think Lunardi had 9 BE teams in his latest field. SU, Marquette, ND, Louisville, Gtown, West Virginia, Seton Hall, UConn; I think those 8 are pretty solid. And Cincy and USF are still in the mix. 9 is doable.
I think you could make an argument that WVU is playing itself out right now.

UConn is certainly no lock either at this point.

Odds are at least one of them gets in, and I could see USF sneaking a bid as well. I was impressed with them last night. Would not surprise me if they beat WVU and Cincy at home to close out the year.

That would leave them at 12-6, and probably in, with WVU probably out.

Wenzel's current Florida connections showed through. His attitude was "I've been watching these guys (USF) all season, and, believe me, they can play. See! See!! They can play. I told you so."

Rick Jackson played at least half of his minutes at center last year.

The guy shows no knowledge of basketball, especially SU basketball if he thinks that SU is going to come out of a time out playing m-2-m. Ain't going to happen, no way no how. After the 26 - 0 , 11 minute run, the play by play guy should have told him, "so much for HAVING to come out of th ezone."

You're correct. And, the old coach wasn't going to get too much assistance from the pbp guy since most of his broadcasting experience thus far has been on the lax side of things.

I think you could make an argument that WVU is playing itself out right now.

UConn is certainly no lock either at this point.

Odds are at least one of them gets in, and I could see USF sneaking a bid as well. I was impressed with them last night. Would not surprise me if they beat WVU and Cincy at home to close out the year.

That would leave them at 12-6, and probably in, with WVU probably out.

Yeah, as I was typing WVU I began to t hink about what they have done lately.

8 is probably the most likely #.

Who do people really expect to call games the BIG EAST NETWORK? Is Marv, Shulman, Van Gundy, or Bilas walking through that door?

I doubt the pay scale for the BIG EAST NETWORK is anywhere close to national broadcasts.

and their cover was like "welllll, from this angle you can't tell . . .". dumbasses. couldnt stand that crew.

More annoying were his hearty chuckles after the USF threes during their first half run. I wanted to punch the guy.

Who do people really expect to call games the BIG EAST NETWORK? Is Marv, Shulman, Van Gundy, or Bilas walking through that door?

I doubt the pay scale for the BIG EAST NETWORK is anywhere close to national broadcasts.
I expect a certain level of competence and neutrality...both of which were lacking yesterday.

I expect a certain level of competence and neutrality...both of which were lacking yesterday.

Do people on here complain about Tim Welsh when he does games and is pro SU? Or Tirico?

IOW, I am not sure the neutrality is the complaint as much as the complaint is he wasn't rooting enough for SU. Maybe I'm wrong.

Rick Jackson played at least half of his minutes at center last year.

Not really but I get your point. Keita and Fab together averaged slightly more than 25 minutes per game last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom