Were we the biggest upset winner of the weekend? | Syracusefan.com

Were we the biggest upset winner of the weekend?

texascpa

Living Legend
As far as I can tell, games pretty much followed chalk. Florida did beat Utah, but I can't think of another upset this weekend as impressive as ours.

So, I got the privilege if enjoying TWO of them. As I've mentioned elsewhere on the site my son began at the University of Arizona this fall, so now this football fan has two traditionally hoops first schools to watch each week. Just prior to watching the dominant Cuse performance, I got to watch the Wildcats, 1-11 last year, go into San Diego and upset in a really big and pretty dominant game as well.

Was that really an upset? Those exact same two teams play 10 times, cuse wins 8. Syracuse was better at every phase of the game… although their receivers are better than ours.

Based on the prognostications and Vegas, yes, it was an upset. But, yes, I agree with you. We win 8 out of 10.

Florida State if they can pull the upset. They are currently winning against LSU.

Florida State if they can pull the upset. They are currently winning against LSU.
Agree. It'd be a great win, though LSU doesn't quite look like bad ass LSU.

Looking at this list:

...and comparing margin of victory to expected margin of defeat, I'd say we had the best performance by an underdog.

Syracuse was +5.5 vs. Louisville, (meaning Louisville was favored by 5.5 points), and won by 24 = 29.5
Nevada was +2.0 vs. Texas State and won by 24 = +26
Arizona was +6.0 vs. San Diego State and won by 18 = +24
William and Mary +4.5 vs. Charlotte and won by 17 = +21.5

Those are the only ones with a net 20 point difference from the spread in an upset and ours was the only one where both teams were power conference teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom