Western Michigan Scouting Report | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Western Michigan Scouting Report

Like coach hop said on the Cuse hangout, if we make more shots than they do, we'll win...I want to see us come out and make some shots...the rest will follow.
Groundbreaking by Hop

They had 16 turnovers in their win and 26 in their loss against EMU. 223rd in the country in assists. Looks like handling the ball is their weakness.

We'll see. As I said, we haven't exactly shown ourselves to be a big TO-causing defense this year---especially since the New Year. What EMU did is immaterial, right? And taking just a very brief look at their recent record, it seems that they've cleaned things up a bit since Feb. 1. They're 12-1 over that stretch.

Fair , Grant and Christmas score in the paint in mismatches and get their center in foul trouble early.

Fair , Grant and Christmas score in the paint in mismatches and get their center in foul trouble early.

Their center is good and will be playing somewhere professionally next year.

WMU is not a good team. Let's not make them out to be. We should win going away.

Vermont was 9 years ago. Do the Duke boards harp on Lehigh? At what point does Vermont become ancient history?
Exactly. Are Kansas fans still bringing up Bucknell and Bradley when the tourney hits every year?

Brown and Ritchie are pretty good shooters, but only Brown shoots a lot of 3s. Their other 3 point shooters average one made 3 or less a game.

This isn't BC or Creighton.

We'll win if we don't go in another shooting funk.

GoHamSU said:
Over/under for how many minutes before Rak gets 2 fouls by their big is set at 4 minutes.

Only if they are ACC refs.

Brown and Ritchie are pretty good shooters, but only Brown shoots a lot of 3s. Their other 3 point shooters average one made 3 or less a game.

Do they have a white center? If they don't have a white center, I'm not worried.

supp said:
We'll see. As I said, we haven't exactly shown ourselves to be a big TO-causing defense this year---especially since the New Year. What EMU did is immaterial, right? And taking just a very brief look at their recent record, it seems that they've cleaned things up a bit since Feb. 1. They're 12-1 over that stretch.

Our guards were 1 and 2 in steals?

On WMU forum board, someone pointed out " WMU has seen that "type" of zone numerous occassions"

Righhht, its not EMU

Do you have a link? I couldn't find a forum for them and I'm usually fairly good at finding random forums for our first round opponents.

Yes, he's 6'11" and white...and skilled.

f_1930df0530.jpg

Marsh01 said:
Well I was trying to be nice. You know how I feel.

Didn't mean you or anyone actually. Just a statement in general because the next step is going to be people finding why they will be a tough game.

Your tidbit about their lack of athleticism makes me laugh, since Kellogg said they could beat us because they are "so athletic across that front line."

Doesn't he watch a fair amount of MAC games b/c of his son?

Their center is good and will be playing somewhere professionally next year.
Agreed. I'm just thinking that their forwards will be outmatched and their center will have to help. Should be good chances to get offensive boards.

Didn't mean you or anyone actually. Just a statement in general because the next step is going to be people finding why they will be a tough game.
In fairness, BC and GaTech aren't good teams either. As much potential to make a run as we have, we have shown we can lose to bad teams on a given night.

That said I agree, I think we destroy them. 20+ margin.

Nope. That Vermont team didn't turn the ball over...and they were playing their 3rd straight NCAA tournament, which is an important factor. Vermont came into that game knowing they could play with the big boys.

They put a scare in UConn as a 15 seed the previous year in Buffalo. That was the Okafor 2004 championship team.

hopefully one of their other 3 pt shooters don't hit five of them on Thursday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom